Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CSOB Redneck Rain Tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
With the big CB TB's on the 2316 no way would the stock rain tray fit.....so my Scotch nature kicked in to find an economical alternative. Check out the pics....it's a piece of vinyl siding! A couple of notches and it sits in place perfectly...now to figure out the funnels & hoses for the sides, but not too bad as is since the drips make their way out through the gap in the tin or the drain hole in the hell holes.
jcd914
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jul 27 2011, 07:47 PM) *

With the big CB TB's on the 2316 no way would the stock rain tray fit.....so my Scotch nature kicked in to find an economical alternative. Check out the pics....it's a piece of vinyl siding! A couple of notches and it sits in place perfectly...now to figure out the funnels & hoses for the sides, but not too bad as is since the drips make their way out through the gap in the tin or the drain hole in the hell holes.

I love CSOB solutions! smile.gif

But after watching how fast the vinyl siding on my neighbors house burned I'm not sure I would put it in the engine compartment of a 914. sad.gif

Jim
Drums66
......I thought the redneck solution was....Just take it out & have nothing laugh.gif poke.gif
But you got carb's....You're half way there LOL poke.gif
bye1.gif(clean motor though)
ellisor3
beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Ya still need rain hats. Those sponges you have on the air filters are gonna soak every drop of mist, and any rain tray you have, even the stock one, isn't gonna prevent that.

The Cap'n
stugray
Nice engine bay!

I am repainting all of mine right now & stripping the engine tins.
I just finished welding all the PO holes in that firewall and mounting my seat belt brackets.
Your SB brackets are HUGE!

What ignition are you running and why dont I see a distributor?

For an engine bay that nice, I would try my skills at a carbon fiber rain tray, custom built to fit exactly.

Stu
VaccaRabite
Those are not carbs. Those are throttle bodies for injection. Guessing crank fire msd or something similar.

What injection are you running?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 28 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Those are not carbs. Those are throttle bodies for injection. Guessing crank fire msd or something similar.

Aha! Missed that. Doesn't change my thinking about the air filters and the absence of rain hats.

The Cap'n
GeorgeRud
agree.gif

Rain Hats! Ask me how I found out years ago. Unless the car will never be out in the rain, do it and you won't regret it.
bembry
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 28 2011, 04:44 PM) *

agree.gif

Rain Hats! Ask me how I found out years ago. Unless the car will never be out in the rain, do it and you won't regret it.

George--how'd you find out years ago???

(Really--I have dual IDF 40's without rain hats)
wndsrfr
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 28 2011, 02:33 PM) *

Nice engine bay!

I am repainting all of mine right now & stripping the engine tins.
I just finished welding all the PO holes in that firewall and mounting my seat belt brackets.
Your SB brackets are HUGE!

What ignition are you running and why dont I see a distributor?

For an engine bay that nice, I would try my skills at a carbon fiber rain tray, custom built to fit exactly.

Stu

Credit Drew Rickert for the engine bay--I bought the car from him--it's a Raby Kit 2316 with SDS injection and ignition via coil packs, tangerine headers & evo muffler and it ROCKS! The sound is like nothing I've ever heard....I built it conservatively to 8.2:1 CR and it dyno's at 140 rwhp with 130-140 torque & a very flat torque curve from 3300-5800rpm. I've taken it to a couple of DE's at VIR and got another one on tap at Summit Point in August--I'm still in Green group and the car is much better than I am.
The SDS injection system was set up on MAP sensing when I got it and there were real issues with the ragged vacuum signal from those 4 big TB's so I switched it over to TP sensing and am super happy with the street driveability and track performance. SDS provides a closed loop option for the system that will automatically adjust to 14:1 AFR within whatever RPM and TP band you select. Then for track days, it's simply disabled and the system runs 12:1-13:1 throughout--plenty rich. Anybody on the fence about getting one of Jake's kits should jump on it quick--nothing but great support from him.
Drums66
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 28 2011, 04:32 PM) *

.....Thanks for the correction...I guess your back to cool Huh!! poke.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.