• 1979 Porsche 914 Engine
o Hydraulic lifters that need no adjustments. All engines before 1978 had solid lifter valves that needed adjustment every 3000 to 5000 miles.
o Electronic distributor with no points to adjust or condensers to replace. All engines before 1979 had points that needed to be adjusted and/or replaced about every 10,000 miles
o Bosch Electronic Fuel Injection
o Engine was rebuilt last year by Mikes Foreign Auto in Anaheim
• New Barrels (Cylinders)
• New Pistons and Rings
• New bearings
• New Cylinder heads (not remanufactured, new)
o New Clutch, Pressure Plate, and throw-out bearing within last 12gage months
o New Rear Brakes within last 12 months
o New drive axle boots within last 12 months
o New fuel gage sender in fuel tank within last 12 months
o New fuel pump within last 12 months
o New Battery
o 85,453 Miles
• EMPI Shifter with lockout for reverse

There are a few cosmetic issues: scratch on drivers side from being hit by a drunk driver, slight rusting, and the exhaust pipe fell off in March 2010. I had it checked out and was told it is completely drivable. There are no fumes that come into the car. The gas gage also only goes half way. I have had the reader in the tank replaced and have come to the conclusion it is probably a wiring issue from the tank to the gage in the car.

This is a well maintained bus in excellent mechanical condition, and has the sunroof option, although the cable mechanical system needs to be repaired for it to open. It is an amazing car and I really want to find a great owner who will take good care of it.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article