Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: I screwed up I need a 037 MPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
EDIT:
I'm looking for a good pressure sensor for Sandy's 73 2.0 GA. The number I need on the mechanical pressure sensor is: 037

Click to view attachment

Post all leads here. If you have one send me the details in a PM.

TIA,
assimilate.gif
Rick,
This place rebuilt mine years ago and still is working in my "4"
Bret Instruments/Santa Ana/CA/714-954-0098.Let me know
if they still rebuild MPS's.Great guy to deal with...
Alan
Bartlett 914
Hi Rick

Did you see this thread:
Huge parts stash

In the picture is a bin full of MPS units.
bdstone914
I have one that tested perfect, Been holding onto it for myself. $165 shipped.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 30 2011, 11:25 AM) *

I have one that tested perfect, Been holding onto it for myself. $165 shipped.

Good price Bruce. I'll PM you.

Thanks for the info Alan! I'm going to pm you about the Mid-Century Modern tour in February. Elliot and his wife will be in Palm Springs and Sandy and I were thinking about trying to meet up with them.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jul 30 2011, 10:49 AM) *

Hi Rick

Did you see this thread:
Huge parts stash

In the picture is a bin full of MPS units.

I saw that! drooley.gif I sent him a pm but didn't hear back yet.
rick 918-S
Ok, I had some response here for 043 MPS. I was running on some mis information or I misunderstood the information that was presented in my garage thread. I actually need an 037 MPS to match my 037 ECU for the 2.0 engine I have.

Anyone have one?
bdstone914
So map sensors are dependant on the ECU? I have alot of ECUs and would throw one in for free with my map sensor if it isnt the corrent one for you smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 31 2011, 06:44 AM) *

Ok, I had some response here for 043 MPS. I was running on some mis information or I misunderstood the information that was presented in my garage thread. I actually need an 037 MPS to match my 037 ECU for the 2.0 engine I have.

Anyone have one?

Let me go look at my stash.
type47
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 31 2011, 06:08 AM) *

So map sensors are dependant on the ECU? I have alot of ECUs and would throw one in for free with my map sensor if it isnt the corrent one for you smile.gif

I think this would be the better purchase, just get MPS and ECU from a '74 system. If you don't, isn't there an NLA resistor in the '73 between the head temp sensor and the harness that you'll have to worry about?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 31 2011, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 31 2011, 06:08 AM) *

I think this would be the better purchase, just get MPS and ECU from a '74 system. If you don't, isn't there an NLA resistor in the '73 between the head temp sensor and the harness that you'll have to worry about?

A Resistor is a resistor. Maybe the package is NLA but it is just a resistor.
bdstone914
I have both an 037 and 043 that tested perfect. Let me know if you need it.
detoxcowboy
the week link in all the above is the 037 ecu..

you can run 037 mps with other ecu and you can run 043 mps with other ecu.. also can run the '74 044 ecu with other mps .......it is the 037 ecu that is not nearly as flexible.

oh.. paul anders is not god.., for thoise thnking what they read on his site is finale word..

also MIke the guy you pm'ed about his stash has the proper calibraton tool and can caligrate any mps to match any other mps regardless of #'s stamped on the unit..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.