Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory disassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
Just received by Mallory Unilite (long backorder), with a set of "grey/grey" springs. The instructions indicate which wire goes where, but nothing on mounting the advance springs. Removing the cap shows the rotor and the Unilite bits, as expected, but I can't seem to remove the rotor. Is this thing just really stuck on (more grunts required), or is there some hidden screw or clip I'm missing?
gklinger
Mine just pulls off, but it is tight...
Joseph Mills
No hidden screw or clip. It's just real tight. Go slow with it. We did a small amount of VERY careful prying.

Take your time and it will move.
tommy914
Who has the Mallory in stock now?
Mueller
a mechanical distributor??? ick, throw that thing away and install your EDIS !!!!! smile.gif
tommy914
EDIS ?
Mueller
EDIS= it's a do-it-yourself laptop programmable distributorless electronic ignition...cost is about $200 (not including laptop)
lapuwali
All in good time. There's a mile-long list of things I want to do to this car, and MS-EFI and EDIS are two of them. But after I sort out the suspension, and get proper wheels and tires on it, and after I get the engine pumped up a bit, and...

Thanks for the replies, btw. I got the rotor off and swapped springs.
Mueller
advance curve

check out the above link, there is some talk about the "ideal"(??) advance curve and some talk about changing the springs

i hear ya, I've put my EDIS install on hold for bit, not too sure where i want to mount the wheel
MXMARK
LAPUWALI. While you were in there did you limit your advance to 16 degrees in the dizzy. I just put a 47 mallory vacuum on my 2533 motor with the grey grey springs set the limit at 17 degrees max is dizzy. It seems to run really well with 11 at 900 and 12 at 1000 then the total is all in at 28 at 2300 rpm. I am still messing with the vacuum, now it comes on at about 3000 cruising and advances to 35 max. Good luck Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.