Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Wow! Formula car at the Nordschleife
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
How does this guy fit such HUGE balls in such a tiny car??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=_7E91r_iim0

--DD

ADMIN EDIT: Embedded the video for 'ya ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7E91r_iim0
ldsgeek
2 things to say about that:

1: Just give that man the deed to the track, he now owns it anyway.

2: I need to find a way to drive a 914 on that, in dry weather of course.
GeorgeRud
agree.gif

On a wet track? He does have quite a pair of maracas!
scotty b
He's going WAAYYYY to fast to read the road grafitti. What if there is something important written down confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 30 2011, 04:09 PM) *
How does this guy fit such HUGE balls in such a tiny car??

That's the only reason he can drive like that. The huge balls add so much weight down low that the car just sticks, even in the rain!

first.gif
VegasRacer
Impressive skills. smilie_pokal.gif Wow!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 30 2011, 08:18 PM) *

He's going WAAYYYY to fast to read the road grafitti. What if there is something important written down

One little bit of it said this: " wenn Dir dieser lesen kann, fahren dir zu langsam "
ottox914
That was amazing. Note his title- Chief Instructor for the 'ring. I think he knows his way around. F3000 car? side shifter rather than steering wheel shifting? Still, D@MN fast, and lots of slippy sliding and great catches. It that was cool, what would come of that lap in the dry?
Ductech
Now thats some scary shit! I have Gran Turismo 5 for the ps3 with a pretty nice logitech steering wheel. On my projector its as close to being at nurburgring as you can get at home. That track is insanely hard to be smooth in the wet in a more normal car, I have driven the track in a 800 hp f1 car and its near impossible even with but loads of traction control rain or intermediate tires, it does not matter. Supposedly people run entirely different lines in the rain to avoid the slick more used parts of the track, I'm not sure if i would love that guys job.

BajaXJ92
Drifting @ 120mph?

I'd having racing stripes in my pants.... stromberg.gif
Andyrew
Duchtech, Whats your PSN Login? Mines Andyrew914
Ductech
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 2 2011, 01:07 PM) *

Duchtech, Whats your PSN Login? Mines Andyrew914

Uhh Ductech..... althought my ps3 just quit reading discs so i'm up to buy a new one.

I have one of the shortly after release 60 gigs that dies eventually.
Ductech
AND guys like us andy should petition Polyphony digital to make a 914 or a 916 or vw porsche 914 1.7 or even some fake version of the car(however the hell they can license the concept of a 914) so i can have my car in the digital simulation world.... I have forza I just wont buy a crappy mecrosoft 360 wheel, there too damn spendy for a wheel that wears out to quickly.

Sorry guys i get kinda off topic sometimes

Andyrew
Yup, I agree with you about the Porsche issue... I was so pissed off that someone else took the Porsche license from Polyphony...

I had one of those 60 gigs, Loved the backwards compatability, but it was stolen last year... The slims are pretty nice in reality, Quieter as well.
Ductech
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 2 2011, 02:05 PM) *

Yup, I agree with you about the Porsche issue... I was so pissed off that someone else took the Porsche license from Polyphony...

I had one of those 60 gigs, Loved the backwards compatability, but it was stolen last year... The slims are pretty nice in reality, Quieter as well.

I would think that PD should be able to come up with something.... This car was marketed under two different companies depending on where in the world it was going.

Or just circumvent the whole car and go for licensing a 916 !! Their must be a way... PD has cheated with the 911's throughout the gt series (the RUF cars) Why can't they license an Andytech Porscharu? How would we go about making a group letter for us GT5 owners?
Andyrew
They do license independent tuner cars with permission.

RUF is a company that sells their cars as a new brand name, completely aside from Porsche, even though they start with a new Porsche. Thats why they can get away with it.

Honestly I think a letter is probably just going to hit their trash.. What we could do is give them exclusive rights to use my 914 world users custom 914's image...

Mine for example uses a non Porsche engine, and therefore by the PCA is deemed not a Porsche anymore smile.gif. Same goes for Subaru swaps

Ductech
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 2 2011, 02:30 PM) *

RUF is a company that sells their cars as a new brand name, completely aside from Porsche, even though they start with a new Porsche. Thats why they can get away with it.

Honestly I think a letter is probably just going to hit their trash.. What we could do is give them exclusive rights to use my 914 world users custom 914's image...

Mine for example uses a non Porsche engine, and therefore by the PCA is deemed not a Porsche anymore smile.gif. Same goes for Subaru swaps

Oh I know who ruf is .. basically a tuning house that starts with 911 like you said.
Now your catching on to my train of thought.... according to the PCA your car is an abortion. SO It's not really a porsche anymore. how do we go about doing this? Also sorry for confusing you for a subie swap. You did an audi motor correct?
Drums66
........Yeah cool, what impressed me more was the hand *POSITIONING*
bye1.gif(his steering wheel makes sure he keeps them in that position)
Andyrew
QUOTE(Ductech @ Aug 2 2011, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 2 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Oh I know who ruf is .. basically a tuning house that starts with 911 like you said.
Now your catching on to my train of thought.... according to the PCA your car is an abortion. SO It's not really a porsche anymore. how do we go about doing this? Also sorry for confusing you for a subie swap. You did an audi motor correct?

Had thoughts of, still think of converting.
Im running SBC right now. See my sig smile.gif

Im painting a subaru conversion car right now though for malaga_red75 though so that may have been the confusion.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 2 2011, 05:30 PM) *

RUF is a company that sells their cars as a new brand name, completely aside from Porsche, even though they start with a new Porsche.

They don't actually.
They buy pre-VIN 'body in white' from Reutter (Porsche...) and source everything else themselves - either through Porsche or Porsche's OEM suppliers (Porsche makes nothing...) They are then free to assign their own VIN to the completed vehicle.

They _do_ still do tuning and customization of customer cars (Porsches) AFAIK but they remain Porsches as far as the VIN goes.
Mine for example uses a non Porsche engine, and therefore by the PCA is deemed not a Porsche anymore

But PCA does not hold the 'image' trademark. That is Porsche AG (a division of Volkswagen...)
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Aug 2 2011, 05:08 PM) *
They _do_ still do tuning and customization of customer cars (Porsches) AFAIK but they remain Porsches as far as the VIN goes.

agree.gif

I know of a recent Boxster that went through the RUF treatment. Including a 3.8L GT3 RS engine ...
drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.