Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New part - early rain tray - Fiberglass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Just thought I'd put this out there as it's in the works.

Parts will be available in about a month.

This is an early rain tray, with the stainless hardware to mount. It will be gel coated fiberglass.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up. I have also got a few other things in the works. Just need to sell a few more roofs.

-Mark
mharmon
I'm in for 1.
Tom_T
chowtime.gif popcorn[1].gif shades.gif smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2011, 06:19 PM) *

This is an early rain tray, with the stainless hardware to mount. It will be gel coated fiberglass.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up. I have also got a few other things in the works. Just need to sell a few more roofs.

-Mark

Awesome Mark - I need one for my 1972 - cheers!
Tom_T
Hey Mark,

Make sure you put in some SS or extra thick FG along the forward edge/lip that turns up at the front of the lid, so it doesn't warp up there from the heatr in the engine bay like the originals, then allow rain to spill onto the firewall & sound/heat pad!
popcorn[1].gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Out-friggin'-standing! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

pray.gif
RickS
Great need. Sell tons.
Mikey914
Also making the stainless clips to mount. So, will be a suitable replacement for a DD and even a nice car. Functional and better than OEM.

More to follow
Twise
Make one that will clear my filters on the 6 and its sold.... I do not drive my car in the rain, but I might if......
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2011, 05:19 PM) *

-Mark

Can't wait to see it! You KNOW I'm in!
Pat
monkeyboy
me too...
Rob914
Add me to the waiting list. smilie_pokal.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Will this early rain tray have (I hope) the black, fine texture that the factory O.E.M. item has?

Paul
Mikey914
The way it's being built it will have a smooth base (inside engine compartment) and the texture will be in the inside (under grill). I should have a first part late next week is all goes well.
grambo
Subscribed
bradtho
any update on these? I can feel the rain coming soon.
MikeM
Hi Mark...did you ever make those under body air deflectors?
Mike
BKLA
Add me to the list for my '70 DD! biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 1 2011, 07:28 PM) *

Make one that will clear my filters on the 6 and its sold.... I do not drive my car in the rain, but I might if......

agree.gif They should be raised up for -6s and carbed -4s.
Niklas
Hi Mikey!

I am in for two! biggrin.gif

Niklas
grambo
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 14 2011, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 1 2011, 07:28 PM) *

agree.gif They should be raised up for -6s and carbed -4s.

+1!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Progress? Prototype pictures? Pricing? Problems?

Paul
Mikey914
I'll have some pictuyres and production date as soon next week.
-mark
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 27 2011, 08:42 AM) *

I'll have some pictuyres and production date as soon next week.
-mark

Have I missed something? blink.gif
or....
did the project get cancelled?
or....
is production on hiatus?
confused24.gif

Paul
ThePaintedMan
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I'm in, if they ever get made. If not, I could probably make a mold if someone were willing to donate an old rain tray first. I've already been looking to reproduce some FG bumper tops, hopefully at a much lower price than whats out there. Again, I have to find something to make the mold from first.
Mikey914
These did get made. I had partnered with James and he's supposed to get me 10. and then he stsrted selling them directly. I committed to 10 and was going to sel at $99 shipped domestic, I saw a few guys that had posted on his thread and thought this was dead. I did get the sample part and can get you these if you want them.
Just PM me.

-Mark
7TPorsh
Is here any link of tray that can go under the side grills? The one over the battery? Realize it's not a stock thing.
euro911
Good idea, but you're probably gonna have to fabricate your own ...
Valy
What's the difference between early and late trays?
Are they interchangeable?
Mikey914
The early ones are slighlty shallower. The late style are the only other repros available. At least until these were made. I also have the 3 metal clips you will need to mount I'll include with the pop rivets.
http://shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?produ...p;categoryId=15
euro911
How much shallower, Mark?

P.S. Received the grommet today thumb3d.gif
Mikey914
You'll notice the depth diference on the back side of the tray when mounted. The new style was deeper. This is why the early ones had the bumper by the closure pin on the back of the deck lid. I'm on the road right now, but I did ask James to get me a measurement.
-Mark
Mikey914
Discontinued fiberglass now in plastic like OEM only more sturdy

Mikey914
Just bumped across this thread. These are in stock and on the website now
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Early-rain-t...m?categoryId=-1

With correct texture unlike the fiberglass ones we had
1970 Neun vierzehn
I 've got my new rain train installed last fall and it is a thing of beauty. No more worries that the old, cracked and warped rain tray is going to fall off the engine lid.
A huge THANK YOU for producing this much needed, NLA item for us. beerchug.gif clap56.gif

Paul
HansJan
I bought one as well.
My car came without a rain tray, and I have no reference car to see how it supposed to be mounted. It came with rivets and a few posts.

It is not clear to me how to mount this thing flush below the grill.
Obviously I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Could some-one show me a picture of how it supposed to fit (early model)?

Br,
Hans Jan
Mikey914
The metal straps pop rivet into the indentations with the 90 at the tray. The smaller bend is to accommodate the attachment to the metal at the lid. I only have a late handy, but if I can get over to the 70 tomorrow I may be able to get some pics.
Mark
HansJan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 26 2017, 01:09 AM) *

The metal straps pop rivet into the indentations with the 90 at the tray. The smaller bend is to accommodate the attachment to the metal at the lid. I only have a late handy, but if I can get over to the 70 tomorrow I may be able to get some pics.
Mark

A picture (or two) would be great.
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.