Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E prod 914 touches the ground
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
bam914
It is finally sitting on all four wheels. Although the front suspension is only tacked together. Going to make final measurements and make sure it is close to square. Still have a lot of welding and bracing to make but it is getting closer.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(bam914 @ Jul 30 2011, 05:13 PM) *

It is finally sitting on all four wheels. Although the front suspension is only tacked together. Going to make final measurements and make sure it is close to square. Still have a lot of welding and bracing to make but it is getting closer.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Congratulations on getting her on the ground.

Tell us about those shock towers. Look interesting.

No bars to the towers or torsion bars? Maybe you can't do that with your class, but they make a big difference.

If I had to do it again I'd put in the same bars, but figure out a lighter wall tubing to use.

bam914
I can put bars up there just have not done it yet. Those are next.
ottox914
Looks great! Can those camber plates be adapted to a street car?
bam914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jul 30 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Looks great! Can those camber plates be adapted to a street car?

They could if you don't mind cutting the top of the shock tower and welding in a new one. The bearing I am using will not allow the stock strut to fit. It is too small. But a larger one could be sourced and a new bearing holder made. The plates are slightly lower then the stock set up. But I have plenty of travel with the strut setup I am using.
stewteral
QUOTE(bam914 @ Jul 30 2011, 05:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Bam914,

Bravo on you low-cost and low-weight solution to camber adjustment in the front shock towers! Very clever. I have not shortened the height of my shock towers and have the dents in the hood from the Koni adjustables to prove it!!

Your shocks appear to be the rebound-only adjustable Koni Sport shocks I'm running.....or have you done something special with Koni to achieve dual adjustment?

Best of luck,
Terry
bam914
I am using the 8611 double adjustable insert from Koni. The compression adjustment is at the bottom of the strut.
Chris Pincetich
I see more heim joints beerchug.gif
bam914
Yep it is all heim joints including the rear.
jhadler
QUOTE(bam914 @ Aug 1 2011, 06:41 PM) *

Yep it is all heim joints including the rear.

Pictures please? smile.gif

And what became of the awesome IT motor?

-Josh
bam914
I sold the IT engine to my friend who is building a DSP 914. I am in the process of rebuilding it and making the changes to make it a legal AX engine.

Here is a link to my post about the rear suspension.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=134389&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.