Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 1970 914/6 ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tgittens
ALL CARS SOLD!
For those of you following this sale I have new information based on more indepth investigation of the paperwork and PPI. I've updated the info below:

Here's the deal...I'm helping my neighbor sell his 1970 914/6. He's asking $35,000 OBO. Don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer. It's a beautiful car as you can see by the pictures. It's a California/Las Vegas car...it was in Las Vegas for the majority of it's life and California for the last 7 years. It's a 3 owner car. It was completely stripped and repainted to the original paint code 23 (Tangerine Orange). It was done well but does have a few bubbles as seen in the pictures.

The paperwork indicates that the engine was removed for a complete rebuild. This is a NUMBERS MATCHING car! It took forever to find the engine number but it's there!

The current owner has put a lot of money into the car including a brand new Bosch fuel pump($700) currently being installed. All maintenance records are available and go with the car. The car has the factory jack and a 1971 owner's manual.

The PPI was done by Robert at Dutch Treat so if you have any detailed questions please feel free to call him and inquire.

Here's the basics:
Color code: 23 (Tangerine Orange)
Vin: 9140432284
Engine: 6405496
miles: 74K on the clock
speed: fast!

Ok Let me know what else you want to know and please only seriously interested buyers.

p.s. the 1958 mercedes 220S in the pic is also for sale.
Thanks
Tristan
tgittens@dalessiogallery.com

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
"Color code: 23 (that's what's on the plate but I bet it's 2310 Tangerine)"

You're correct. In the Porsche color coding 23 (or XX) was the basic color & 2310 (or XX10) denoted color plus black - meaning the black Targa Tops on 911/912 & 914. So they just didn't both with the full 2310 since all 914s were Targas, or Fritz was lazy that day, or whatever. I've seen Tangerine done both ways - 23 & 2310 on the Karmann plates.

PS - you might want to do a post over in the Garage Forums to intro yourself as a new member, then give a link to this ad for any interested parties in an original 70 six.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Cleaned up nice.. Engine bay shots would be a plus... Good luck with the sale.. 914
pete000
Amazing what a wash can do for a car ! first.gif
Cairo94507
Very nice example. I agree about some engine and underneath pictures too.

Pat are you looking at this car??? If not you should be. It would seem to be a good starting point for what I know you want.

Cairo94507
Thanks for the additional pictures of this very nice six.
That "6" sold really quick,Thanks for the engine shots..It looks like "6" prices are on the rise...
tgittens
bump
tgittens
Buyer backed out so the car is still available.
tgittens
ALL CARS SOLD!
Going back to Germany!
Cairo94507
So sad, but with the dollar as weak as it is it is no wonder. I wish it well on the voyage.
JmuRiz
Not surprised it went back to Germany...maybe I should have tried to sell my W114 Mercedes on German e-bay....not sure they are in demand there though.
tgittens
Not sure if it's a matter of German Buyer or American Buyer...weak dollar vs strong euro...my experience with this sale was a matter of serious buyer vs tire kicker. Whatever the case it's definitely going to a place where it will be loved.
Gint
What was the final sale price?
Greg808
What did it sell for
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.