Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car no longer needs jackstands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Cause I have a brand new 2 post lift. piratenanner.gif I'm so friggin happy I wanna dance. No more crawling around on my back under a car. I'm just getting to old for it.
IPB Image
IPB Image
ripper911
Thats what the tires are for. poke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Hey rip, thanks for changing you rather disturbing avatar.
ripper911
You're welcome... That is a big needle though. happy11.gif
ChristopherB
That is fantastic! I have only had my 914 for 2 weeks, and I am thinking this would be a nice investment. I am doing some searches right after this post to see what something like that would cost. What type of lift is that and what is the weight rating? Do you plan to use it for heavier vehicles as well or is it just for the 914? Also, (remember I am very new) are you using the four jack points on the car in the photo?
It just look like the arm in the back is on the long and not the jack point. If so, I am guessing that is OK?
TheCabinetmaker
Chris, Its rated at 9000lbs. Got it from these guys http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/2-Post-Lifts-s/285.htm. Price was 1600 delivered. I am using the long on the back point and the donut on the front. I'm gonna make a steel bracket that will have pins to insert in the pad holes and rest in the small 3" wide recess on the bottom of the long. That will spread the weight evenly from front to back. If anyone sees a prob with that, please let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.