Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 Porsche Parade Pictures - More pictures added 8-2!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

billh1963
A REAL GT

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
pt_700
ooo! so pretty!

thanks for posting!
carr914
Thanks & keep them coming

Be Sure to take pics of that Flared Silver car & the Beck 914 Racer !
billh1963
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 1 2011, 07:06 PM) *

Thanks & keep them coming

Be Sure to take pics of that Flared Silver car & the Beck 914 Racer !

Will do!
Richard Casto
I believe the 914 "truck" is the "Troutman 914" that is owned (shown/prepared?) by Gunnar Racing. They have some photos on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...mp;l=7cf583d385

Richard
Pat Garvey
Love that Strenger car! I have a piece on that one & hope it wins it's class!
carr914
The Strenger GT (smg914) is not up for an award (hence no numbers on the Windshield). It is in a Display only Area.

I have Multiple pieces off that car. Plus I have Pulled the Motor & put it back in before the Charlotte Parade a Couple Years back.
TJB/914
Hi,
I noticed two of the 914's have RED Ribbons on the windshield, what does that mean??? I assume Blue is first & RED is ???

Tom
Andyrew
WOW! Some great cars and great pics!
Cairo94507
Wow just beautiful cars. I loved them all and really liked the black six.
championgt1
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 1 2011, 07:28 PM) *

Wow just beautiful cars. I loved them all and really liked the black six.

agree.gif
AZ914
I used to feel pretty good about my car until I saw this thread. Wow, those are clean!
Valy
Great cars!!
carr914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 1 2011, 09:33 PM) *

Hi,
I noticed two of the 914's have RED Ribbons on the windshield, what does that mean??? I assume Blue is first & RED is ???

Tom

Those are on the Display Only ( not being Judged) cars, so maybe it is a Thank You for bringing your car to Parade. If you look closely, the Flower of the Ribbon is Red and the 3 tails are Red, Black & Yellow. smilie_flagge6.gif
bcheney
Thanks for the pics...keep'em coming. The Parade is a great event...really wanted to be there...
SUNAB914
Sorry I missed it. great pics thanks.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 1 2011, 02:44 PM) *

A REAL GT

IPB Image

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
carr914
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 2 2011, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 1 2011, 02:44 PM) *

A REAL GT

IPB Image

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Yes that is the Strenger GT ( formally owned by Erich Strenger - PR Guru @ Porsche) now owned by Steve Gaglione (smg914 here & on the Club - he Posts more on the Club than here since Dr retreated). It is a documented GT, was used as a Camera Car for Porsche Commercials, was one of the Homologation cars and it has no racing history.

I have done some work on it and have some cool parts off it that Steve didn't want. It does not have it's Original Engine ( destroyed in a Racing Accident ) or it's reinforced GT Roof

T.C.
skota
awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
Vysoc
Can anyone identify the flares on the Blue 914 to the left of the 904. I can not ever remember seeing that style of flare on a 914?

Vysoc flag.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 2 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Can anyone identify the flares on the Blue 914 to the left of the 904. I can not ever remember seeing that style of flare on a 914?

Vysoc flag.gif

That's a Beck Body Kit, made back in the day by Chuck Beck, who went on to make the Beck 550 kit, the Beck 904 kit, etc. They didn't make many of the kits as they were impossible to ship - 2 Giant U's, 1 piece had the front bumper & front flares, the other had the rear bumper & flares. I have one of the few kits

That car belongs to Randy Beck, Chuck's son

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 2 2011, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 2 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

That's a Beck Body Kit, made back in the day by Chuck Beck, who went on to make the Beck 550 kit, the Beck 904 kit, etc. They didn't make many of the kits as they were impossible to ship - 2 Giant U's, 1 piece had the front bumper & front flares, the other had the rear bumper & flares. I have one of the few kits

That car belongs to Randy Beck, Chuck's son

T.C.

Here is my Beck - it was Dave Beck's, Chuck's other son.

Grasshopper ( in Georgia) has the car, I have the body

Click to view attachment

Here is a Magazine article ( Excellance or VW-Porsche) on Randy's car early in it's existance

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
Thanks for providing us with some great photos from Parade. clap56.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 2 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Thanks for providing us with some great photos from Parade. clap56.gif

I hope to get some more on Saturday during the actual "Parade"
Gustl
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 2 2011, 03:30 PM) *

It does not have it's Original Engine ( destroyed in a Racing Accident ) ...

just to be exact - it wasn't a racing accident
the guy who rebuilt the engine and the guy who bought it, had a private snow training out of nowhere up in Finland's woods; the one drove an original '73 911 RS and the other an original '71 914-6 M471 (with the original engine of the Strenger-GT);
they crashed together, both died, both cars were completely destroyed
due to the fact that they have been all alone, nobody will ever know what exactly led to the accident

it took me really very long to find out this story ...

sad.gif
SirAndy
Huey has a upside down turn signal lens! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 1 2011, 03:40 PM) *
IPB Image

Valy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 3 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Huey has a upside down turn signal lens! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 1 2011, 03:40 PM) *
IPB Image

And one of the grills is upside down too!
markb
wub.gif
ripper911
We expect that to be fixed by Petit, I'll be inspecting it to be sure.
naro914
Couple comments:
-Randy Beck no longer owns that 914, it's owned by Rex and Linda Smyth from Macon, Ga.
-I knew about the grills, but that's the first time anyone pointed out the turn signal lens. Damn....after 3 years nobody noticed??? I actually want the grills turned down. I did one, but keep forgetting to flip the other. Not that easy, they don't really fit well in the fiberglass front bumper.
-all the 914's that showed up are pictured, except Leeds Gullick and Jeff Gordon's autocross cars. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the 914 showing....
-Huey and I got second in class and I think 10th fastest overall out of 350+ cars.
-overall fastest was Leeds...
kerensky
Sad thing is, I'm over in Hilton Head on vacation with the family and completely forgot about this until I started seeing Porsche's running around with numbers on the windshields... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.