Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need webers 40IDF"s or Empi 40"s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mitch 914
I have all new linkages and gaskits but my webers are full of water and rusted can not rebuild. I am in a hurry because this little project has turned into a nightmare! I need only the carbs. Who sell just the carbs??????????????Thanks in advance. barf.gif I am done with this, just want new carbs. If I have to I will buy the kit?
dirk9141973
QUOTE(Mitch 914 @ Aug 1 2011, 03:59 PM) *

I have all new linkages and gaskits but my webers are full of water and rusted can not rebuild. I am in a hurry because this little project has turned into a nightmare! I need only the carbs. Who sell just the carbs??????????????Thanks in advance. barf.gif I am done with this, just want new carbs. If I have to I will buy the kit?

I bought a set of EMPI 40's from AA $499 they have worked out for me ??
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Mitch 914 @ Aug 1 2011, 06:59 PM) *

Are you sure they can't be rebuilt? New carbs are not of great quality. the older ones are better. Everything in a set of IDFs can be serviced. I've seen grody carbs that cleaned up nice.

Zach
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Mitch 914 @ Aug 1 2011, 07:59 PM) *

I have a set of Spanish webers. $480 to you! They were running on a 2.0 about a year Ago.

Thomas
Root_Werks
There has been quite a bit of chatter about HPMX carbs on thesamba lately. The early versions seem to have quite a few issues, but since Art was able to set them straight on a few major items, seems like most can just slap them on and go. I think the version 2 came out last year?

Something like that.

I've also heard you want buy your HPMX carbs, then send them to Art so he can re-do them. This is for new carbs. BUT, I've heard tons of guys having good luck with them lately. The quality must be getting better.

confused24.gif

Shafts wear and yes you can get them rebuilt, but any used carb will likely have vac leaks up the ying-yang. My 2 cents would be on HPMX units unless I could score a good set of low mileage webers.
VaccaRabite
Vac leaks up the yingyang? I am using old Spanish Webers that needed a total rebuild. They don't have vacuum leaks that I have been able to find (and I have looked closely). I have other usual carb problems (shit fuel, trash in the passages, etc) but they do not have vac leaks. My carbs are easily 20 years old and were way grody when I got them. They cleaned up very well. With better air cleaners I bet I would solve many of my problems.

The key is that nomatter if you buy new or used, you are going to need to rebuild and probably rejet them. It's not just a bolt on solution.

Zach
Drums66
........All the in the know cats say (Dells) ....if you are going to really do that!
idea.gif carb thing, poke.gif bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.