Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many 914's have been saved?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
I have a 914 I saved from rusting into the ground and becoming one with the earth again, and am buying another 914 this week. I am wondering how many 914 owners have brought their 914 back from the dead?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(PBC914 @ Aug 1 2011, 08:06 PM) *

I have a 914 I saved from rusting into the ground and becoming one with the earth again, and am buying another 914 this week. I am wondering how many 914 owners have brought there 914 back from the dead?

Bless You! Saving our heritage! One Teener at a time!
bandjoey
The poll should be:

How many rusted beyond all hope did u saveall the parts from?
reharvey
I've saved five so far. A white 70 1.7, light ivory 73 2.0, silver and a red 74 both 2.0 and my latest project a black 2.0 smile.gif
70_914
I am about to scrap 2... where is the other side of the spectrum?
VaccaRabite
I would be happy to expand the poll if PCB would permit...
Add in questions for Scrapped cars and Parted cars.
PBC914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 1 2011, 08:52 PM) *

I would be happy to expand the poll if PCB would permit...
Add in questions for Scrapped cars and Parted cars.

PCB is a drug (so I've heard), but PBC will let you expand it, sure!
shoguneagle
just got my third running and on the road. Rust in floor boards which was replaced; rolling chassis which now has a 3.2 Sixer with all the 911 goods, stress kits, mods, etc. one can put on these cars.

First one converted to V-8 before it became common to do this project; from junk yard; Became friends with KEP on this one.

Have a fourth in reserve which I am considering making a trailer, or ????. I probably will make it a running car and looking at electric type. Yes, another junk yard special.

Steve Hurt
Socalandy
Is it OK that I counted my -6 car before its done? welder.gif
johannes
None.

reharvey
Yeah--I've scraped two that were rusted in half and I'm sure a lot of people here have done the same.
SUNAB914
How many wrecked or did we kill?
Elliot Cannon
I saved mine 10 years ago. It wasn't quite dead but was on life support. I thought I would like to do another one but I don't think the one I have will ever be done completely.
VaccaRabite
I added more questions but I think I would have to zero out the answers for people to vote again. sad.gif

Zach
championgt1
None.........................................yet!
URY914
Click to view attachment
RFoulds
The questions needed a zero response. I have saved 4, scrapped and parted none.

Working on number 5 now. rescued from over 20 years of storage.
scotty b
IMHO scrapped and parted are one in the same. confused24.gif The only way there is a difference is if someone took a found car straight to the crusher without keeping any piece of it.

Perhaps Rick,Chris,Perry,Mark, George and I should only vote on the number of personal cars we have saved ? Our numbers could skew things as our customers may also vote on the same car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.