Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 Concours d'Elegance of America @ St. John's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
This weekend was the annual 33rd year Concourse d'Elegance of America @ St. John's Inn in Plymouth MI. This year the location was changed from Meadowbrook to West side of town at the new location. It was a smashing success with about 150 beautiful cars on display along with other activities starting on Friday to the big day on Sunday. I sent a nomination survey to the nomination committee & was told my 1974 Porsche was not selected for the Concours because anything newer than 1969 are not considered for eligibilty. They put me on file for future years. They did let me display my 914 in the VP parking lot along with a lot of other cars. confused24.gif (second banana rating)
This year the Indy Race cars from past years were on display. I will post a few photo's if your interested. There was only one (1) Porsche displayed (see photo) and my 914 in the VP lot. sheeplove.gif
<www.concoursusa.org> www.concoursusa.org

Tom
TJB/914
Photo's #1
Other cars in the VP lot.
GeorgeRud
From the pictures, it looks like it was a beautiful (but hot?) day for the concours. I wouldn't feel bad about being in the "second rate" area, both have interesting cars on display.
TJB/914
Photo's #2
On the Concours field.
TJB/914
Photo's #3
TJB/914
Photo's #4
Yes, Cushman Scooters too wub.gif

I took over 200 pictures so this is just a sample of a great weekend.

Tom
TJB/914
Photo's #5

Race cars on display.
TJB/914
Photo's #6

More cool stuff in the VIP Parking area. wub.gif

Tom
tod914
Great shots! Your car looks incredable Tom.
TJB/914
Photo's #7

More photo's of a very special FORD GT-40 Mark

T
TJB/914
Photo's #7
Also, forgot to say, there was a local shop <www.americanspeedcompany.com> in the area offering tours showing real STEEL repo 1933 FORD Roadsters with big motor's. ROUSH was also on display in their parking lot.

End of Show, it was a great automotive weekend. pray.gif

Tom bye1.gif
ezbngreen914
That yellow 914 would look great anywhere, I bet it would really stand out crusing down 30A along the emerald waters and dune lakes of the gulf coast. biggrin.gif Great photos!
1970 Neun vierzehn
coolpics.gif Nice cars, nice photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

Some of the cars in the VIP parking area are more interesting than those on the "lawn". However, a gen-u-wine GT40 drooley.gif

Paul
TJB/914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 2 2011, 06:05 PM) *

coolpics.gif Nice cars, nice photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

Some of the cars in the VIP parking area are more interesting than those on the "lawn". However, a gen-u-wine GT40 drooley.gif

Paul

Your correct, lots of non Porsche stuff, but an interesting selection of Automotive iron. flag.gif

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.