Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick-n-pull today: 2 914's.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Milpitas location.

'74 1.8, VIN 4742916915
body in okay condition, yellow with dark brown interior, decent looking Bursch exhaust muffler setup sitting inside the cabin (rusty of course)

'75 1.8, VIN 4752908227
front end damage, looks like head to windshield impact (ouch)

while leaving, I saw a shock with a coil-over kit installed on it, so I picked a threaded collar with the locking nuts on it for $7....not too bad. Now all I need to install coil-overs on my Konis are springs and the top piece that goes on the spring, which I'm sure I can make. Due to the length of the threaded portion, I can cut it in half and since it came with 2 locking nut's, I am all set.

no VR6 motors sad.gif
Andyrew
Any early v8's?

Btw this weekend pick and pull is half off.....

I'll look at mine for a VR6 (highly doubt it... maybe in san fran.. lol)
vortrex
my friend here has a beater jetta VR6 car, you'd have to buy the whole thing though!
Andyrew
Pa-Ca....

cdefghijklmnop

heck, thats only 12 letters away right? biggrin.gif
Mueller
Any early v8's?

looked like it, I didn't look too hard for those, but with the amount of Chevys there, you have a great chance of finding more than one.

they have a "new" section for 1990 and newer cars, they charge another 2 bucks to get in there and look around, I decided against it, all I'm doing right now is trying to get the dimensions off of a motor and I am in no big hurry.
Mueller
my friend here has a beater jetta VR6 car, you'd have to buy the whole thing though!

sure, I'll give him $500 for it smile.gif
Andyrew
2 bucks prevented you from scoping it out even more? Geez! half off this weekend will make up 2 bucks 100 fold!

lol

Andrew
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 30 2004, 10:48 AM)

...but only if he delivers it. Right? wink.gif

--DD
bondo
Most self service wrecking yards up admission to $5 on half off days.. it's a good idea to scope things out ahead of time (and maybe even hide a few things ph34r.gif ) so you don't pay $3 extra just to look around.
vortrex
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 30 2004, 10:48 AM)

it's a she. biggrin.gif

car even has bbs wheels and neuspeed suspension. trust me it's a beater though. 125k miles on the motor.

she bought another identical vr6 jetta so this one is just sitting in the parking garage rotting.
Mueller
it's a she
.....is she cute and single?, 'cause if I bring home another car, I sure will be (single that is, I consider myself more handsome than cute) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've been doing some reading, at that kind of mileage, the head gasket and timing chain tensioners should be replaced.....I found some lower mileage motors at the Rancho Cordova Recyclers. Basicly a grand for a complete motor (a few '97's to pick from)
vortrex
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 30 2004, 04:38 PM)
is she cute and single?

I found some lower mileage motors at the Rancho Cordova Recyclers. Basicly a grand for a complete motor (a few '97's to pick from)

yes she is but you're too old. biggrin.gif

$1k is not bad, I think she wanted $2k for the whole car.
Mueller
yes she is but you're too old.

oh, that hurts....better to hear that from you than her I guess, LOL

2k??? hmmm...wonder what i could part it out for????

oh yea....SF location or PA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.