Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Droping the engine 914 1.7 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammer920
I am fixing to drop the engine on my 914 have disconnected all the top parts this morning was looking at the air conditioner compressor it looks like it may hang the engine up, does this need to be removed or will the engine w/ transmission drop and clear it without removeing, it very tight in that spot? wacko.gif

Hammer
maf914
You should be able to drop the engine with the compressor in place. It will come straight down. It is heavy enough that it will unbalance the engine if you are using he common single floor jack method, but you can still draw the jack and engine/tranny out from the rear. Have a few pieces of wood blocking on hand to keep the compressor side from tipping too much. Be sure to disconnect the AC hoses as well as all other wires and hoses. I forgot and broke the sump temp sender wire last time I did this. sad.gif
Hammer920
All it has is the compressor there are no other parts to the a/c. The engine is butted up against the compressor so I take it it is not attached to the engine itself thanks for the reply and help. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.