Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Napa Valley 914 Lunch - July 19th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
When I asked about travel advice for Napa Valley there was a mention of a 914 get-together. Both Lunch and Dinner were mentioned, but lunch works better for me.

I'll be coming south from Humbolt Redwoods State Park. According to Mapblast it's a 4 hour trip from Weott to Napa. That puts me into Napa at about 1 or 2 p.m.

I figure that I'm coming down 101 to Geyserville and then getting on 128 to get to Napa. Since I'm not familiar with the area, I'm open to suggestions from those who are.

What do you think?
Trekkor
Mon July 19th- perfect!

Lunch @ 1:00-2:00.

What kind of food do you want?

Maybe I could BBQ for everyone?

Rib-eye steak sandwiches with sides of onions,bells and mushrooms. Potatoe salad etc,

Or any type of restaraunt you might like. chowtime.gif

Who can play hooky?
Follow with a Vineyard Lap? MDB2.gif

KT
Martin Baker
I can make it, I am close to NAPA.
ThinAir
I'm open to anything. My wife likes seafood, I like burgers. We both like pasta (gee it's hard to make a list when you need to!) We both like wine and I like a good beer.

Trekker, you seem like a take-charge kinda guy. I'll leave it up to you. Restaurant or your place makes no difference to me. You just name the spot and give me directions.

It may be a good idea if you pm me with a phone number so I can check in with you. I'll have a laptop along, but I figure I'm going to be without network access after this Saturday morning. I've never attempted to find internet connections on the road before and we're camping so who knows what we'll find.

If it doesn't work out, I'll still be thankful for the previous travel advice and I'll enjoy the area, but it would be nice to meet some fellow teeners while I'm on the way through. We stop at every quilt store we can find because my wife is a quilter. She keeps telling me that we need to do something for me!
Trekkor
Here's an easy to find, easy to park favorite.

Embassy Suites on California blvd off hiway 29.
Take First st exit. On corner of Cali Blvd and First st.

Central Napa, close to everything.
Nice restaraunt inside a very high ceiling atrium.

Outside in the courtyard; water wheel , pond, ducks, swans. Quite nice , good photo op.

Mon July 19 1:00 pm. All invited!

RSVP here or PM me for reservations.

We can plan a short valley driving tour after lunch.
2:30-4:00ish.

ErnieDV ( 2 )
Martin Baker ( 2 )
Trekkor ( 2 )
Mark D ( 1 )
Andy ( 1 )
Steve ( 1 )
Mark M ( 1 )
Randy ( 1 )
McMark
I'm in of course.
SirAndy
count me in (and remind me a day before)

wink.gif Andy
ThinAir
Hey Trekkor - looks great! Thanks for putting it together. We'll be there! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Martin Baker
Is this still a go? Alison has class, so it'll be just me unless she skip's for the day.
shoguneagle
I think I can make it. Always glad to see someone from Flagstaff. Will leave my sardonic humor at home and behave myself.

Ernie, you might allow yourself a little extra time coming down Hiway 29 since it takes you through the heart of the Napa Valley. Local taffic could be heavy depending on the time you are coming through that area. High way 128 from Gyserville to Calistoga is nice two lane road taking you through very nice rural area.

Borned and raised just north of the Napa Valley and it will be nice to visit the old "stompin' grounds".

Welcome to California.

Steve Hurt
Mike9142.0
As far as I know it is still on.
I wish I could be there headbang.gif
Trekkor
Still on! biggrin.gif

Plan on good times, a/x stories from the weekend, Andy's Bad Boy, My chassis stiff kit on display ( I'll hold off carpet install, 'til the afternoon or Tuesday.)

Bring your cameras! wink.gif

Maybe McMark will tell you about some of his extensive projects.

I'll update the members in attendance on the earlier post and then make reservations next week.

Bay Area guys- play hooky! idea.gif

KT
wheelo
I will try and make it also... not sure right now...
sounds like fun...
beerchug.gif
Alison Baker
I will get out of class early and be with my hubby Martin ....... boldblue.gif
ThinAir
Wow! It looks like it's going to be quite a gang in attendance. We're still on to be there.

Thanks for the tips on traffic. Internet access when one is camping is a pain so Mike is watching this topic for me and keeping me posted by phone. We'll see you on the 19th!
RoadGlue
Count me in!
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

Still a go.

Take a day off and check out the Vineyard Lap. cool_shades.gif
ThinAir
We're at Washburne State Park in Oregon, near the Heceta Head lighthouse. The Oregon Coast is just wonderful and the wines up here are great as well. See you guys on the 19th!
wheelo
Trekkor-
Count me in... I can't pass-up this golden opportunity for some .... FUN !
See you on Mon.... Any other... LURKERS ...I mean TAKERS... ?
smoke.gif
Martin Baker
icon_bump.gif Time still 1:00 - 2:00 PM ? stones.gif
Trekkor
Reservations are made for 1:00 at Embassy Suites, Napa @ "Rings" restaurant.

Enter through the main circle and veer right.
Park on the right side of the building and enter through the doors under the awnings across the flagstone patio.

Go through the hallway and take a left through the bar.
You are now there. chowtime.gif

707-321-3234 if you get lost. headbang.gif

Trekkor
RoadGlue
See you in a bit! Not sure if I'll have time for the tour afterwards, unless of course it ends up in Sonoma County. :)

--Randy
SirAndy
i'm out ...

work related emergency.
sad.gif Andy
Trekkor
Sorry we missed you today, Andy.

Maybe we will see you in Marina?

Five cars and ten for lunch- nice.

Trekkor
Trekkor
914's
RoadGlue
Thanks for putting the lunch gathering together Trekkor! Good seeing some of the old crowd along with a bunch of new faces.

Let's do a longer tour next time. smile.gif
McMark
I'm thinking we need to do a swap meet. There aren't any going on around here.
shoguneagle
It was great meeting Ernie and his wife along with the rest of 914 pack. Nice to see a couple of old faces and some new ones. Trekkor, thanks for arranging lunch. Enjoyed every minute of it..

Ernie, thanks for the Flagstaff info and have a very enjoyable continuing vacation. Will see you in September when we are in your area.

Yes, I was on my best behavior.

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
Tired of being Retired; Need my daily P-Car fix.
wheelo
Thanks Trekkor...for the tour and hospitality....It was great to meet everyone... Yeah, more touring...
MDB2.gif
Love your Pano shot of the cars ! can you e-mail to me ?
Cheers
ThinAir
Back from vacation today so this is my first time online since the lunch. Thanks to Trekkor for setting it up and to all of you who showed up! Linda & I had a great time. I'll post pictures of the group as soon as I can so you can all put names with your faces. Unfortunately, I don't remember most of the names - too many to try and learn at one time!
McMark
Just a reminder. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.