Full Version: Questions!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
This was supposed to post as a poll!!! WTF.gif

Poll answers would have been:

Sell as a driver

Sell engine & trans & then part the rest

Raffle at 60 $100.00 tickets.

Here's what we've got. We took a bunch of misc stuff we had here at GPR & built a car. We have more $$ in it than we'll ever get out of it (duh, it's a 914). The economy is taking it's toll & we don't want to put anything more into it. It drives well (brakes still don't feel quite right to Jonathan, but stop the car fine). What do we do with this? Here are the particulars:

1972 body, clear title in hand, took a hit in the passenger front at some point & has been "fixed" (pop rivets instead of welds headbang.gif ) The top fits slightly off, so we know something is wrong somewhere, but it tracks OK & drives OK. Take the top off & it looks fine. dry.gif The red paint sucks. Lights/signals all work.

The hell hole & engine shelf were repaired by sww914 (Steve Willie at Proton Motor Sports). There isn't any other problem rust on the car. smile.gif

Engine was a 1.8 & has been gone thru to be a 1911, with 20k miles on the bottom end, and:

AA 96mm P&C's (Big Bore Kit for a 1.8).

Completely rebuilt heads (2.0 heads with new valves & seats, no bad cracks in the "wrong" places).

Completely rebuilt Delorto's with new CB Performance hexbar linkage. They have a whistle, which we are told can be fixed with the proper carb base gaskets, but we don't want to take the time/effort to do it.

Dr Evil rebuilt the trans with M S X gears, a billet int plate, new syncros & new 1st gear slider. New clutch cable.

The interior is mostly there, but is mix and match. Brown carpet, black seats are good, but one has the black corduroy & one is basketweave, no drivers door panel, backpad has a "burn" hole just below the light, retractable seat belts work fine, stock steering wheel & horn pad. Stock gauges all work (except E brake light). No radio.

The buyer will need to bring wheels & tires, because I'm not giving up my widened stock rear wheels.

We rough guestimate we have more than 6K invested in the car. What are your opinions?

Jonathan will post some pics shortly.
Mike Bellis
$1000 offer

Sounds like major work even though you sunk some money in it. It will sell for more on the east coast. Too may 914's here
rick 918-S
Question: Will the car make a cross country trip? I mean a guy could fly in and drive it home. If so raffle it. I will buy a couple tickets easy. aktion035.gif

Oh, and... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
markb
I'd have Cap'n Krusty check out the brakes, then driving.gif anywhere.
hwgunner
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 2 2011, 05:10 PM) *

Question: Will the car make a cross country trip? I mean a guy could fly in and drive it home. If so raffle it. I will buy a couple tickets easy. aktion035.gif

I have pictures I will post when I get home. I want to re-size them. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 2 2011, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 2 2011, 05:10 PM) *

I have pictures I will post when I get home. I want to re-size them. beerchug.gif

popcorn[1].gif
hwgunner
Here are the pictures. Please watch for an actual poll coming soon. beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
Well, I was about to hit you up for free swag for the MUSR 12 but I believe this would do nicely plus it gets it out of your way. Winner can be responsible for picking it up. Thanks in advance for your kind generosity! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
draganc
I say "...Raffle at 60 $100.00 tickets..."

I'm in for $100 if it's road worthy and will do a west to east coast roadtrip.
dakotaewing
You might have better luck selling 120 $50 tickets...
hwgunner
beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif Go here for the raffle--

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=138362

piratenanner.gif beer.gif beer3.gif slap.gif (Mark)
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Aug 2 2011, 09:53 PM) *

agree.gif More guys will bite. The car will need a tweek to line up cowl up properly. John Millers car had the same kind of issue. Show us the hell hole, trunks and longs.
hwgunner
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 2 2011, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Aug 2 2011, 09:53 PM) *

agree.gif More guys will bite. The car will need a tweek to line up cowl up properly. John Millers car had the same kind of issue. Show us the hell hole, trunks and longs.

Lets switch to the poll I created so everyone sees what everyone says. I will ad a bunch more pics tomorrow evening.

jonathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.