Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have two and they both leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
My motor is in and I want to start it. So I put a couple of liters of fuel in the tank only to watch it freely move to the floor via the fuel pump. No problem I have two. So I swear the other one into place and manage a repeat performance. I guess 7 years is too long for the o'rings to sit. wacko.gif I took one apart and the o'ring behind the electrical connector is nearly dust. headbang.gif It would be very tricky to replace it.
Everything else is new the tunnel lines are -6 al with an fittings. To the engine I have stratoflex -6. Pump is up front. What is the best solution here?
1. New bosch pump? (pricey)
2. Aftermarket pump? (if so what?)
3. Used pump from another application?(BMW, Saab, Volvo) I would not know which one
4. Used pump? (anybody have one they know does not leak?)
Thanks for any help ,insight etc.
BTW it's a 74 2.0
Mark Henry
I have a couple, they run but I haven’t pressure tested them yet.

A buddy of mine has an NOS one and I’ve emailed him.

Does the end of your pump have 2 or 3 barbs? (3 is 70-74…2 is 75-76)

SDS has Bosch pumps or CIP can get the stocker, but if it’s a 3 barb they’re real spendy.
Dave_Darling
Any pump that puts out the required pressure and volume will work. One from any CIS car should more than do it. A two-barb pump can be used, just eliminate the "Y" fitting in the return line.

--DD
tod914
I have a 75 2.0 bosch pump thats like a year old. It works fine. I replaced it when I was having some FI problems. $75 if your interested.
F4i
Cool thanks for the responses. Its a 3 barb. I did not realize that cip would have one. Still spendy I
imagine.

Mark You have a pm please let me know. SDS may be an option as well.
Dave that is what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Are there any good sites with pump specs?
Aftermarket recommendations? Also what is the value (need) of the damper valve in the original setup.
Tod I may be interested. Mark is in Canada so it might be easier shipping wise. But if they leak as well, I
am willing to bet yours' doesn't.
Mark Henry
The 3 barb pump is the same as a VW T3 and the 2 barb is the same as a VW van or beetle.
tod914
Ahh so does VW sell them any cheaper than porsche?
F4i
Tod check out cip1.com. I got my front brake rotors a great deal cheaper there. They are Zimmerman BTW. Other stuff is there for the 914 but they don't know it laugh.gif The two barb pump would work for me as well would it not?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.