Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Pad Suggestions ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
Can anyone offer suggestions regarding front brake pads ?

I have been struggling with my FLAPS to get me a "Loaded" set of front calipers. About two months ago he got me a set but the pads were mis-matched. They offered me a set of new pads and I was happy untill I started to work on replacing the mis matched set. The new set I recieved were Albaney -organic pads and they are paper thin.

I guess my best option is to buy a set of good pads but what are those and where to get them?

I noticed that the mis-matched set had some sort of metal shim attached to the back of the pads. The Albany set did not. Do I need some sort of shim on any kind that I get ?

Also I have read about caliper grease, where do I put that ?

Last bit of info, at the moment I just need brakes that will stop me fast at red lights, I do not plan on racing this beast so please factor this in when suggesting which kind of pads I should buy.

Thanks,
PS
I sure wish I could get this car off its jack stands in time for the mid west get together on August 7th.
MarkG
Porterfield R4S pads are great....used them on my 308 and will be one of the first upgrades on my 914 when it gets here!
joea9146
I have a set for sale these should work fine for you.
These are for the early 914.

Brake_Pads
iamchappy
I like the Porterfield pads also, it is what I am using.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.