Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short lived 914 ownership
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CraigH
Well, I guess I can say I owned a 914 for a couple weeks. 1976 red. I bought it on E-bay with the stipulation that the owner gave a 30-day money back guarantee. After some delay as it was at a mechanic getting a tune-up, etc, I finally had a chance to give it a close inspection. Too much rust on the floor and around the rear suspension for me to tackle. I am definetely disappointed.

Back to square 1, although there are not too many option within a decent distance of Raleigh, NC. Any suggestions?

Craig
joea9146
Contact Perry he is not to far from you he is in TN. He posts on this list
under 9146986

Good Luck
SLITS
If you want one from the West Coast shipping is going to be about $800.

Glenn Sager - a914luvr@sbcglobal.net

'73 2.0 "S" - unmolested, numbers match, minor body work completed (dings) - ready for paint (Sliver original) - Driven from TX to CA when bought - $6K

'74 2.1 "S" - 2.1 engine. Car was undergoing full resto. Needs to be painted & interior installed. New brakes/new Bilstein shocks/100 lb springs/turbo tie rods/ss brake lines/BMW fronts/New windshield - yada yada - $5.5K

'72 - Rust free chassis - Yellow repaint over purple original, conversion to sideshifter, with engine package above installed, brown interior $4.5K or can be converted to six (2.7L) for a lot more dollars.

Email if interested - just letting you know and yes, Glenn is a friend and that's why I know about these vehicles.
jdogg
Craig-
I know of at least one in the Wake Forest area right now. What are you looking for, solid project? Solid driver? Concours beauty queen?

Shoot me a line, we'll talk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.