Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at San Jose PickNPull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bfrymire
Just saw this online...

1974 914 at the local PickNPull. May have some time this weekend to check it out.

Pick-n-Pull - San Jose South

1675 Monterey Road
San Jose, CA 95112 US 408-292-4325
Michael N
This is a 74 with a 1.8 in it. As of 2:45 today the engine and tranny were still in the car. The interior, weatherstripping, and chrome was toast. The car was originally yellow but was rattle canned grey. Both bumpers were there but slightly dented.

I did not get the vin as I was too lazy to walk back to the car for my camera or a pen to write it down.

I was able to score a nice bumper top for $12.00 that will be installed on my /6 once it receives several treatments of 303. Check out how good the liscense plate light areas of the top is one this one. No rust or chunky metal on this top. piratenanner.gif

This made my day!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
Bee Jay needs a real nice rear half wiring harness, if you wouldn't mind checking it out. Prefer no cuts or mods. The under the seat stuff doesn't have to be pristine, it'll be removed or bypassed.

The Cap'n
matthepcat
Did it still have the front valance?
Valy
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 4 2011, 11:02 AM) *

Been there today. You don't want the front valance.
FI is gone smile.gif. I left the ECU but I think it was toasted.
SirAndy
VIN? Anyone? idea.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 4 2011, 09:02 PM) *

VIN? Anyone? idea.gif

Andy,

If no one comes up with the VIN, I should be there this weekend to look at it. I will get the VIN. I will try and get some pictures also. I have this feeling, by the time I get there, it will be picked over. sad.gif

-- brett
pt_700
was the front bumper rubber top still there? decent shape?

if nobody else does, i will get the vin saturday.
EdwardBlume

What do you need?
matthepcat
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 5 2011, 01:28 PM) *

What do you need?

I don't "need" anything, but those are getting rare.

I have a fiberglass one...and it sorta sucks.

Matt
Valy
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Aug 5 2011, 08:03 AM) *

was the front bumper rubber top still there? decent shape?

if nobody else does, i will get the vin saturday.

Great seeing you today.
I hope you got a good deal on the bumper smile.gif

Don't forget to post the VIN.
pt_700
nice meeting you too, valy! hope you can make it to the breakfast next weekend.

yup, charged me about the same as michael; $12. now for sale, 1 decent front bumper smile - $150! just kidding, i'm gonna put it on mine...

still some stuff left. hellish hell hole as valy pointed out to me. originally yellow, it would appear, vin; 4742920169 (thanks for letting me post!). interesting woofer mounts, just to the outside of the air ducts on the outsides of the fuel tank. decent chrome around the windshield.

muchas gracias to brett for alerting us!
Valy
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Aug 6 2011, 02:35 PM) *

nice meeting you too, valy! hope you can make it to the breakfast next weekend.

yup, charged me about the same as michael; $12. now for sale, 1 decent front bumper smile - $150! just kidding, i'm gonna put it on mine...

still some stuff left. hellish hell hole as valy pointed out to me. originally yellow, it would appear, vin; 4742920169 (thanks for letting me post!). interesting woofer mounts, just to the outside of the air ducts on the outsides of the fuel tank. decent chrome around the windshield.

muchas gracias to brett for alerting us!

Color code on the car is L13M (Yellow)
Production date 6/74
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Looks like the car was posted here for sale on Sep 1 2004 ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=16596

idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.