Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB, plastic threshold push pin rivets.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PancakePorsche
Black plastic push pin rivets to secure thresholds on my 76. Where do I find these ?
76-914
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 3 2011, 10:23 PM) *

Black plastic push pin rivets to secure thresholds on my 76. Where do I find these ?

Tod914 used to sell these but I think he couldn't get any more. If no one else comes thru, pm me. I wont have a complete set but I've got some black and some clear. These were reproduction pieces and didn't adhere at each location, for me. Two other avenues. Harbor Freight has plastic push pull rivets. Get there smallest size but I think you would have to increase the hole sizes. sad.gif but they are stout. If your not CW then call Aircraft Spruce and buy some #40 pop rivets. I forget which cat num they are but tell the salesperson they are for canopy plexiglass. These wont pull hard enough to destroy your plastic pieces and hold very well. Also, easy to drill out. This was what I settled on with my 76.
tod914
Here's the info on the ones I had.

Noiminal hole .136 grip range .125-.187 Head size .250 x .071 ROUND .260

The .250 head size is exact to OEM. The grip range on these are larger. WurthUSA has reference numbers for rivets for BMW & Mercedes on their PDF. Maybe take down that number and order a couple from the dealer themselves, and see if they work. Hope that helps. I had no luck finding rivets within this range.
PancakePorsche
Thanks for the info guys. I will explore your recommendations.
euro911
... and please, post your findings if you find a good source popcorn[1].gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 4 2011, 08:36 PM) *

I have 34 of Tod914's rivets, in black, that I bought approx five years ago. I bought 100 of the white ones he had produced at the time because I have an older 914. Had thought of buying a cremesickle at the time, but have changed direction to an original six.

These work! Used the white ones on my 72 perfectly.

Will never use them (the blacks), so anyone can have half (16) for $10 shipping - I'm keeping two. No charge for the rivets, just $10 for shipping.

They work. Look original. Work as original.

PM me if interested.
Pat

euro911
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 6 2011, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 4 2011, 08:36 PM) *

I have 34 of Tod914's rivets, in black, that I bought approx five years ago. I bought 100 of the white ones he had produced at the time because I have an older 914. Had thought of buying a cremesickle at the time, but have changed direction to an original six.

These work! Used the white ones on my 72 perfectly.

Will never use them (the blacks), so anyone can have half (16) for $10 shipping - I'm keeping two. No charge for the rivets, just $10 for shipping.

They work. Look original. Work as original.

PM me if interested.
Pat
If Pancake doesn't jump on your offer, I'm your huckleberry laugh.gif
detoxcowboy
BelMetrics., they have a grip of 914 fasteners.. top site. and I will not buy hardware from a porsche parts dealer anymore chjeck it.. from gas tank copper seals to genuine captured tins screws aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nylone rivets, step studs ,, hoses and everything is CHEA CHEAP, normae gemi oki .. ??

https://www.belmetric.com/index.php?main_pa...p;keyword=rivet

ps they say they ship ups but they do 3 day prioity 2 but you do not get a choice,
bdstone914
This place may have them too.

http://www.heyco.com/

If you have a company name you can request free samples.
We used them at my last job for push rivets of a similar size.

They were about $.07 each.

Bruce
toolguy
I've ordered some of there from McMaster Carr . . they have a .280 head and sound like they will look authentic. . . they also have black for later years 914

Line Quantity Item Ships Unit Price Total Price
1 2 Packs 90137A430
Nylon Expanding Shank Rivet .189" Hole Dia,.039"-.375" Material Thk, Off-White, Packs of 50 (Same as 90137A429)
today
$12.14 $24.28
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have some black ones, FREE, FREE , just pay postage. How many do

you need?

I guess 3.00 should do it . Dave slap.gif

I only have 20 left,get them while the getting is good!!!!

All are sold!!!!!
toolguy
I got the ones I ordered from McMasrer Carr. . looks just like the real deal. . only difference is the holes need to be drilled out to .189. I used a #11 drill. . .
euro911
Do you have the McMaster Carr part # for those? I'm going to need some 'whities' for my wife's 71 resto.
kconway
Mark,
PM me your address and quantity of "whities" you need and I'll send you some. I have a bunch I got from Tod914 that I won't use (I used the black type).

Kev
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 11 2011, 09:22 AM) *

I got the ones I ordered from McMasrer Carr. . looks just like the real deal. . only difference is the holes need to be drilled out to .189. I used a #11 drill. . .

Shouldn't need to do that. Lost metal can never be recptured. Shoulda made more noise here - have plenty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.