Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 pics from IL car show, anyone here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Saw this on another forum, nice looking racer, belong to anyone?
Ferg
nuther,
Ferg
also, how sweet is this,
Andyrew
Is it stretched? the nose looks really long for some reason...

Andrew...
Ferg
I think it only looks long, cause of the white bumper and the angle of the shot, but i thought the same thing.
Ferg.
WoMBaT
I like the look on that kid's face in the first photo. Man, he looks confused! Like, "WTF is this?"

-Dan
morgan
914 belongs to John tacahara out of chicago pca , think I got his name right
JM
GaroldShaffer
Yes that is Jon's car. he comes to our Windy City 9:14 breakfast. It is the cleanest track car I have ever seen. Its been rebuilt once after a crash on a track, I forget which track it was.

Here are a few more pics for you guys
GaroldShaffer
And yes it even has a cup holder huh.gif
Ferg
Wow, very nice and clean indeed. That's going to be my next 914, super clean barely street legal race car.
Ferg. idea.gif
Demick
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 1 2004, 10:51 AM)
Wow, very nice and clean indeed. That's going to be my next 914, super clean barely street legal race car.
Ferg. idea.gif

What. Winning nicest overall 914 isn't good enough for you? You going for Best Modified 914 at WCC2005? smilie_pokal.gif

Demick
IronHillRestorations
That's John Takehara's car. I supplied him with a BMW front brake kit (no issues), an auxillary oil cooler kit, a few various and sundry parts, and limted tech advice over the past few years. Great guy, awesome car. It's got one of Brad Mayeur's warmed up FI engines. Very competitive, and would you believe that he wrecked it pretty hard last year?? (the steering wheel pulled off at a very bad time!)

PK cool.gif
maf914
A cupholder in a track car? That's different.

But that is a very nice car. I like the side profile.
Ferg
What. Winning nicest overall 914 isn't good enough for you? You going for Best Modified 914 at WCC2005?

Just thinking ahead... happy11.gif Seriously though, i'm a ways away from being in the position for a second toy. But i'm always looking
ph34r.gif
Ferg
rick 918-S
Man! no one said anything about the Mad Max car! I like... wub.gif What the heck is it anyway.. confused24.gif
914momo
Looks like a modified Chevelle confused24.gif
Ferg
The Mad Max car is an australian Ford called the Falcon, nothing like the Falcon we had here, but alot like the Torino, but much better=faster... MDB2.gif
Ferg
Chris H.
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 1 2004, 01:27 PM)
That's John Takehara's car. I supplied him with a BMW front brake kit (no issues), an auxillary oil cooler kit, a few various and sundry parts, and limted tech advice over the past few years. Great guy, awesome car. It's got one of Brad Mayeur's warmed up FI engines. Very competitive, and would you believe that he wrecked it pretty hard last year?? (the steering wheel pulled off at a very bad time!)

PK cool.gif

"Pretty Hard" is right.

Holy shit I can't believe they straightened that out. John brought the pics to our 9:14 breakfast. Says a lot about the cage that's in it to survive a header into the wall at that speed.
boxstr
I want to see Ferg when he steps out of the "barely street leage race car" at WCC 2005, after krewzing in from Boulder. laugh.gif
CCLINANDIHAVETODRIVEBACK
roundboy914
I run in PCA DE's with John, and he is quick. He is an instructor for the region, and with a 2.0 FI engine, he runs one down from the top group. He lurks here on occasion, and loves a clean car. My car is slow, black, and dirty, but he is nice enough to be. The kink at RA is not the place for a mechanical failure. As we all know, these cars are built tough, and he walked away.
RON S.
I got a chance to meet John last year.
I went to Milwaukee last year for Harley's 100th ann.and found out that that same weekend PCA club racing was going on up at Road America.
I'd never even seen an event,so when I saw him going around the track,and chewwing up some 911's
I just had to meet him to check out his car.
I've never done any D.E.,so I asked him what I could expect when I try it for the first time.His answer? "PURE ADRENALINE RUSH"
He showed me everything about his car,and a picture of his wreck.It was bad.
He was a nice guy who gave a good first impression to a D.E. wannabe.

Ron
morgan
Did he tell you how he crash his car cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.