Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AB 2683 passed Senate Transportation Cmte.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Lookin bad for my Teener! Now I guess we talk to Arnold?

---------------------------------

COMPLETE BILL HISTORY

BILL NUMBER : A.B. No. 2683
AUTHOR : Lieber
TOPIC : Air pollution: smog check.

TYPE OF BILL :
Active
Non-Urgency
Non-Appropriations
Majority Vote Required
State-Mandated Local Program
Fiscal
Non-Tax Levy

BILL HISTORY
June 30 From committee: Do pass, and re-refer to Com. on APPR.
Re-referred. (Ayes 8. Noes 2.).
June 9 Referred to Com. on TRANS.
May 27 In Senate. Read first time. To Com. on RLS. for assignment.
May 26 Read third time, passed, and to Senate. (Ayes 47. Noes 28. Page
6075.)
May 24 Read second time. To third reading.
May 20 From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended. (Ayes 14. Noes 6.)
(May 19). Read second time and amended. Ordered returned to
second reading.
Apr. 21 In committee: Set, first hearing. Referred to APPR. suspense file.
Apr. 13 From committee: Do pass, and re-refer to Com. on APPR.
Re-referred. (Ayes 8. Noes 4.) (April 12).
Mar. 25 Re-referred to Com. on TRANS.
Mar. 24 From committee chair, with author's amendments: Amend, and re-refer
to Com. on TRANS. Read second time and amended.
Mar. 8 Referred to Com. on TRANS.
Feb. 22 From printer. May be heard in committee March 23.
Feb. 20 Read first time. To print.
Chris Julian
"A.B. 2683, the California legislation that would repeal the state's current rolling emissions test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older. As you are aware, A.B. 2683 would repeal the current pro-hobbyist exemption and replace it with a law requiring the permanent testing of all 1976 and newer model vehicles. Despite thousands of your messages in opposition, the bill passed in the California Assembly and will now be considered in the Senate. We must now focus our efforts on the Senate Transportation Committee!"

Hey Guys, I pulled this off of another car forum.

Can anyone veryify?

looks like 1975 and older are clear?

Chris
lapuwali
Yes, '75 and older are clear. 1976 and later would not be exempt next year, or any other year until someone else comes up and moves the goalposts again. Full details on the Assembly and Senate websites.

This has cleared the transportation committee, but still has to be rubber-stamped in Appropriations and the full Senate before Arnold sees it. I'm trying to find out who voted which way. The Senator from my district is on the Trans committee, and I'd like to know if she listened. She voted against the Florez bill, and I'm hoping she was one of the no votes here, too.
SLITS
Ok, I'm not a math whiz, but this is 2004 not 2005 and 30 years old would be 1974.

So tell me how a 1975 is smog exempt in the year 2004? And don't give me the "build date" bullshit, I tried that with my '74 and still had to wait until Jan of 2004 to register it.
lapuwali
DMV math. It literally says on their website it's the current year - 29, so 1975 is currently exempt. My theory is they're interpreting it as 30 years from the year on the sticker they hand you (currently handing out 2005 stickers). In other words, 30 years from when the license expires, not 30 years from when the license is granted.
carreraguy
Slits:

Current CA law states that "vehicles with a year model 30 years or older are exempt from smog certification requirements. Current calendar year less 29 years equals the year model exempt; i.e. 2004 less 29 equals 1975. Therefore, 1976 cars would be exempt in 2005 under the current law.

Details at: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm
wheelo
Bummer ...That just SUCKS....
Maybe the Govanator can save us ?

confused24.gif
Rusty
This sucks.

Well, I guess it goes to a full session vote next. Anyone know when that will be? How can we help put a full-court press on Senators?

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.