Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have an old GT seat from AA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jonferns
Looking for an old high-bolster seat that AA used to sell. Its the stock seat with raised side bolsters. Condition doesnt matter, but price does. Let me know if you have anything, I guess right now I only need one, thanks bye1.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Aug 4 2011, 08:47 AM) *

Looking for an old high-bolster seat that AA used to sell. Its the stock seat with raised side bolsters. Condition doesnt matter, but price does. Let me know if you have anything, I guess right now I only need one, thanks bye1.gif

We all have em, you too. All they did was add the bolster to a stock seat (they use to give "Core" credits..) and have em recovered.

I met the guy who George got the idea from. He told me how he built the seats for his Teener (I was checking out his car) and how at an event, the good doctor saw them at an event, asked a bunch of questions, took a bunch of pix, then he saw the AA ad stating that they "discovered" a lost stash of GT seats in the basement at PCNA, in a magazine (I have that copy as well, somewhere)
So, just have your seats coverted, it isn't very hard.
Here is a later ad..
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
I have two camel colored ones in basically perfect shape in my car.

Been thinking about converting to black interior with some more modern seats, becuase these are so narrow.

Here is the only old photo I could find on my computer:

IPB Image

Not really in a hurry to sell, as I have other projects going right now but maybe in the nearish future.

Matt
Grelber
My local auto upholstery shop will convert a regular seat to one like in the pics for $150. He's done several 914 interiors, and knows what he's doing.
markb
QUOTE(Grelber @ Aug 5 2011, 11:01 AM) *

My local auto upholstery shop will convert a regular seat to one like in the pics for $150. He's done several 914 interiors, and knows what he's doing.

That's a good price. I'd jump on it.
Grelber
I plan on it this winter.
ripper911
Did you call AA friday? I was there and I think Brad was on the phone with someone looking for one. idea.gif

I have nothing of value to add other than that.
jonferns
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Aug 6 2011, 06:41 PM) *

Did you call AA friday? I was there and I think Brad was on the phone with someone looking for one. idea.gif

No, I try to stay away from there.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Aug 6 2011, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Aug 6 2011, 06:41 PM) *

No, I try to stay away from there.

Good call.
Carlitos Way
Have you considered the RENEGADE HYBRIDS seats? they look really sharp...
Niklas
Look at these:

http://www.wwclassics.com/seats/rennsport_GT/index.php

They are very nice and look perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.