Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Another Time Wasting Valve Adjust Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I know to set the valves when the engine is stone cold but what is stone cold? Here in SoCal that is usually going to be around 70F. But how about lower Slobovia where Rick lives. In other words is there a baseline temp that is target. Is a 1000"th added or subtracted for some extremes? Does it matter if they are set in the AM or PM? This is how I spend my valuable time. Worrying about trite stromberg.gif . No wonder I never get anything done. huh.gif
Woody
Don't worry about it. It doesn't make that big of a difference.
wingnut86
...and a XANAX may solve the other issue.

happy11.gif
SLITS
For Rednecks only, they must be set @ 3 AM local time after a couple of cases of Lone Star or Pearl is consumed.

If this factory procedure is not followed, the engine will blow up.
76-914
I think Pearl is out of business. And Lone Star is green beer. You need to lick your bootyshake.gif to get the taste out of your mouth.
SLITS
AMEN .... av-943.gif

Actually, the factory manual says let engine cool for 4 hours after running prior to adjusting valves as I remember. OAT would then be insignificant unless you were in Iraq, Iran or Death Valley.
Elliot Cannon
With steel push rods, set 0 valve lash with the engine at operating temp. And ahh, good luck with that. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.