Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: racing seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxdude914
I am 6'4" and i want tto put in a racing seat but i cant spare any legroom. i am on a tight budget do any of you have sugestions for a good seat?
Joe Bob
Use the stock seat without the pad....put a thin one in place....voila...instant race seat.

If ya got a skinny butt I have a pair of Sparcos that I will be selling.....
mxdude914
how much will you be selling the sparcos for??
Mike T
I have a Kirkey aluminum seat, listed as an "Intermediate Layback". It fits the car well and is reasonably comfortable. They come in different widths for a good fit. I have mine bolted right to the floor. I'm 6' 5" and have lots of headroom. Without that seat I could not drive the car with a helmet and the roof panel on.

Oh, I have a 13" dia. steering wheel too which made the biggest improvement as far as leg room. Even more than the seat.

Mike T
Joe Bob
185 each includes seat 914 rails, 350 for the pair....plus shipping.
mxdude914
are you gunna have them for a while cuz im only 16 and have to figure out how to get the money. but im really interested
GaroldShaffer
Just how skinny does you ass have to be to fit in those sparcos? Would my size 38ish huh.gif butt fit?
Shabadoo
Mike -

I may be interested. Why are you selling? Also, will these bolt right in, or is some fabrication required?
Joe Bob
I'm 5 11", 200lbs ish.....they are fine for racing....in and out on the street....they suck. bootyshake.gif

I am re doing a set of stockers......removing the pds will give me side support on the rare occasion this car will get slid sideways....
jgiroux67
Another option is the sparco roadster seat although its kinda exspensive at 500 a peice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.