Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What could I sell this for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914curt
I have 1.8l(engine code EC) that i would want to sell. I purchased my car with it in it and i want to get a bigger four in it. the guy that I bought the car from said that it was turned into a 2.0l. I has dual dellorto 40s on it and a new 009, wires and bosch blue coil, and a new bursch exhaust on it, i put it on last summer and put it away after about a month of driving. it runs ok could use some better tunning. I was wondering what i could get for this or if any one would be interested in it. I already have an engine picked that i want. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give

Curt
Brad Roberts
Its a tough call Curt.

We really need to know what size the engine is. I'm betting its a 1911cc engine (stock 1.8 crank rods 96mm P+C's) This is pretty easy to accomplish. If it had true 2.0 guts... he went through a lot of headache to locate 2.0 crank rods/P+C's to install in his case (highly unlikey..he would have just bought a complete 2.0 engine)

What carbs are on it ??

B
914curt
I know that he did not go throught all the trouble to do all of things in ternaly that you listed. he just put bigger piston and cylinders on the engine. it has dellorto carbs they are drla40. that carbs are very nice in very good condition. I hope that answers the questions.

Curt
914curt
Bump, i just bought the other motor so i want to get rid of this one i do not have room in my garage for both of these things. is ebay a good place to try to get rid of this or should i part the engine out?
Brad Roberts
Put it on Ebay first.

The sell the carbs...

B
Mueller
Someone in the Chicago area was looking for a 914 motor a few weeks ago. A new guy to the list.
Gint
I'm betting its a 1911cc engine (stock 1.8 crank rods 96mm P+C's) This is pretty easy to accomplish.

I'll also add that that is a fairly common recipe for upgrading a 1.8. And it's also quite common for the PO to them call them 2.0's When in fact they're 1911 as Brad said.
914curt
how much should i put the carbs on ebay for, and how much should i put the engine up for? i would just sell it as a 1.8l not a 2.0l. i would probably sell tthe carbs on this site or pelican parts. i am pulling it all out of the car this weekend and would like to put it up for sale next week need to make the room. would it be a good idea to just tear down the engine and part it out?

Curt
Brad Roberts
The carbs will sell for 350-400$ complete with manifolds/everything. Clean them up and take some digital pics.

Dont take the engine apart. Sell it as a complete setup. Clean it up and sell it as a 1911. People will buy a 1911 before they buy a 1.8. The 1911's run really well. List it as a 1.8 with a bog bore kit.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.