Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm all out of 914's.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
Yep, I'm down from a maximum of 4 to none. I handed over the keys and the pink slip of the last one last night. It's been good. I still love teeners (the cars, not you weirdos) but I aspire to have no cars at all soon. My house is gone, my shop is gone, most of my stuff is gone, and soon we'll be gone to the tropics.
Someday I'll build a widebody screamer with a 3.6 after I return to land, if I return to land. Best wishes to all you dirt dwellers.
As some of you might remember, we bought this little boat...

Click to view attachment

Here are some of my 914s.
Click to view attachment

This one I didn't quite finish, it sold to a member here.
Click to view attachment
sww914
Oh yeah, you can check us out at
www.landfallvoyages.com
carr914
Good Luck Gilligan, may the Wind be to your back
URY914
Sail Naked!
Gint
Good luck! Livin the dream. It's worth trying anyway. Watch out for pirates.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 5 2011, 06:33 AM) *

Good luck! Livin the dream. It's worth trying anyway. Watch out for pirates.

agree.gif pirate.gif and assimilate.gif Check in once in a while and post some photos of your adventures.
Eric_Shea
Keep a rail in the water... wavey.gif
AZ914
Best of luck and we will see you when you get back!
pt_700
sorry (& jealous!) to see you go from regular contributions to this site.

best of luck on the next chapter of your life. i'll bookmark that blog!

as my landlubber friend's t-shirt says; "sail fast, live slow!".
r_towle
Enjoy your voyage.
Bring a travelocity knome with you and post pics of your locations when you get online.

Rich
Bleyseng
yep, I bookmarked the blog too.
So where are you headed? "The Tropics" isn't really a place on the map. Are you headed to the Caribbean? Awesome place to sail and safe too. I am heading back to Suriname soon so you could drop anchor there and look me up. Its a good place to do some landfall adventures as its cheap and exotic. Plus its really freakin hot all year round.
draganc
Way to go buddy!!!

I don’t know you but all the best on your journey.

I checked out your link, lol, is this the equivalent of a teener on jack stands?

You have done your homework….

Dragan

Click to view attachment
brant
Good for you
I hope its an awesome adventure!

brant
ezbngreen914
from air cooled to air powered. biggrin.gif
sww914
We don't have a set-in-stone itinerary, that's part of the whole point, to be able to go where you want when you want, weather allowing.
For now, it's Mexico for the fall and winter and then either back to Califorina if we need to earn more money or to Central America to wait out next hurricane season and to the Caribbean in the fall of 2012. After that we need to decide if we want to go back through the canal and to the South Pacific and Asia or if we want to go up the US east coast, across the Atlantic and around Europe and the Med.
A lot depends on money. I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars not millions. My wife can write. If she heals enough from her injuries (read the "about" on out website for a brief description) and can write enough and sell enough of it we can do whatever we want. If not then I'll have to do my best at writing and probably fix other people's boats to earn enough to continue.
At any rate it's better than living in a shitty box feeling sorry for ourselves and slaving my whole life away for a week's vacation a year and hoping for some form of meager retirement after my body is already worn out all so that corporate investors and the taxman can profit.
Pirates? They should fear me. I'd rather deal with a pirate face to face than another crooked lawyer or another crooked banker or another judge that's been bought and paid for.
And yes, my boat is on 9 jackstands today, I'm still a teener.
At least there isn't any rust...
sww914
BTW, thanks everyone for the kind remarks and please spread our website around as much as you can. I'll still be around for a few more weeks.
Chris Pincetich
Great plan! beerchug.gif

I organize, among other things, our Leatherback Watch Program at the non-profit Sea Turtle Restoration Project. Sailors, charter boats, and scientists report sightings of the extremely rare and very endangered leatherback sea turtle, the largest and deepest diving sea turtle species on the planet. Learn more and take action at www.seaturtles.org/leatherback
dflesburg
make sure you have plenty of big guns and practice using them. good luck!
JRust
Watch out for the Krakken (probably spelled wrong sad.gif )
Seriously cool way to retire. If I wasn't deathly afraid of sharks & the ocean I might try it someday confused24.gif
moparrob
Careful on those 3 hour tours, Gilligan.
EdwardBlume
You rock Steve. May the road rise to meet you, and wind always be in your sails. You're a great guy, a great dad, and you've got lots of great things ahead of you.

Take care!
charliew
Hope it's lots of fun and the money holds out and the guns are good. There's nothing like sleeping in a boat out of sight of land.
markb
I'm really glad you're making it a reality, Steve. Give my best to Tamiko & Eli.
PanelBilly
So are you going to start calling your mate Ginger, Maryann .....or Skipper?
scotty b
Jealous wub.gif I may be on your tail in a year oe two huh.gif uh boating tail.......
sww914
If you're going to do it, Scotty, start getting rid of stuff now. It took us 2 years to get rid of all of our junk and we still have a few things left to sell. It's amazing some of the things that actually have value that you can't even give away but then you don't want to throw it away because it's too good so you're still stuck with it. We had yard sales and CL ads and ebay auctions and on and on. Then there's the stuff you think you might need but you're not really sure... And to think that we had lived aboard 10 years before, where did all this crap come from in just 10 years?
sww914
After this next storm, we're off, heading south on Sunday the 13th.
This project has taken way more money and WAAAAAYYYYY more time than I ever thought it would. Sound familiar?
Warm water, here we come!
bcheney
"Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!" hats off two the both of you...not many realize a "dream"...Godspeed...we will watch for your tales smile.gif
tomh
I am getting ready to list my 914 and I'm looken for the boat now.

Good luck my friend!
sww914
If you want a project, there's a Hans Christian 37 at Nelson Yachts for 40 something, it's been neglected for 10 years. They'll go for over 100 in good shape.
Drums66
.......Good fortune bro......happy trails smoke.gif
bye1.gif( boats don't rust...do they!LOL)
914.SBC
QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 5 2011, 09:57 AM) *

We don't have a set-in-stone itinerary, that's part of the whole point, to be able to go where you want when you want, weather allowing.
For now, it's Mexico for the fall and winter and then either back to Califorina if we need to earn more money or to Central America to wait out next hurricane season and to the Caribbean in the fall of 2012. After that we need to decide if we want to go back through the canal and to the South Pacific and Asia or if we want to go up the US east coast, across the Atlantic and around Europe and the Med.
A lot depends on money. I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars not millions. My wife can write. If she heals enough from her injuries (read the "about" on out website for a brief description) and can write enough and sell enough of it we can do whatever we want. If not then I'll have to do my best at writing and probably fix other people's boats to earn enough to continue.
At any rate it's better than living in a shitty box feeling sorry for ourselves and slaving my whole life away for a week's vacation a year and hoping for some form of meager retirement after my body is already worn out all so that corporate investors and the taxman can profit.
Pirates? They should fear me. I'd rather deal with a pirate face to face than another crooked lawyer or another crooked banker or another judge that's been bought and paid for.
And yes, my boat is on 9 jackstands today, I'm still a teener.
At least there isn't any rust...

Well stated and that is classic. beerchug.gif Cheers!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.