Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump took a crap...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914momo
I went out and started my car the other day, and it ran for about 5 minutes then jus died.Well i narrowed it down to the fuel pump,so either it has a bad connection or it jus took a crap.My question is can i use a after market fuel pump? (recomdations please) Or do i have to buy a new OEM pump?

.....it,s fuel injected.........

James
carreraguy
Are you sure its the pump and not the fuel pump solenoid?
914momo
I dunno. Is the solenoid located inside or outside the pump? confused24.gif I tried to disconect the damn pump an got gas all over the place, so i hooked the peice of chit back up( got intimidated) and said screw it.
ChrisReale
He means the relay on the relay board, in the engine compartment
914momo
I checked my relay"s and everything looks fine.....
Joe Bob
You can swap relays....get a wiring diagram for your year.....it will tell ya which one it is. "I" have jumpered the pins in a pinch and gotten home.

As to oem,....nah you can use whatever pump that will get the pressure you need....FI or carbs?
tod914
Did you check the fuze on your relay board? An AAR going bad can blow that and cause you pump not to work being they are on the same circut.
914momo
I ran a wire from my pump to the battery an still no kinda action. I was hoping for somethin like noise,fire or explosion ar15.gif
914momo
checked fuses, there ok.
Joe Bob
Take needle nosed vise grips....pinch off the fuel lines remove the fuel pump and bench test it....
914momo
Vise grips ha ha good idea.....I shoulda thought of that, but sometimes i jus dont think. I'll try a bench test an see what happens.....

thanks, james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.