Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celette Fixtures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twise
I am need of the 914 Celette fixtures. I think the last time I went down this path I discovered there was one set here in the US and they were owned by a private party. Does anyone know where they are now, and if I would be able to get my hands on them?

blowtorch.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 5 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Does anyone know where they are now

You can still rent them directly from Celette. If i'm not mistaken, they have at least 3 sets in the US.

McMark just rented them a few weeks ago here on the west-coast, he should be able to tell you how to get in touch with Celette ...

shades.gif
TurboWalt
Direct from Celette, the rental isn't to bad, but the freight on them is the killer.
Twise
I will car Euro-Car Bench, but I thought that the only set on the west coast was gone (sold). I will try - Thanks Guys.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 5 2011, 12:27 PM) *
I thought that the only set on the west coast was gone (sold).

Nope. They won't sell. Tried that (more than once) ...
shades.gif
siverson
What could you possibly need those for? smile.gif

I'm curious to see them... when rented, would they be that hard to measure and copy? (I've never seen them.)

-Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 6 2011, 12:03 AM) *
would they be that hard to measure and copy? (I've never seen them.)

Neither measure nor copy would be that hard. But. It's a *lot* of steel and it would cost quite a bit of money to replicate them correctly. Not an easy task ....

stirthepot.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 5 2011, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 5 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Does anyone know where they are now

You can still rent them directly from Celette. If i'm not mistaken, they have at least 3 sets in the US.

McMark just rented them a few weeks ago here on the west-coast, he should be able to tell you how to get in touch with Celette ...

shades.gif

idea.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 6 2011, 04:28 AM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 6 2011, 12:03 AM) *
would they be that hard to measure and copy? (I've never seen them.)

Neither measure nor copy would be that hard. But. It's a *lot* of steel and it would cost quite a bit of money to replicate them correctly. Not an easy task ....

stirthepot.gif

McMark started to measure them when he had them. It's time consuming and like Sir Andy wrote there is a bunch or steel to make them.

Just rent them.
siverson
> Just rent them.

Right, I was thinking rent and then copy for future use (if they are hard to come by).

-Steve
montoya 73 2.0
All I would need is a quick napkin sketch and some dimension numbers to put into 3D CAD. I do that all day for work! Hell, I'd do it for free to help the community!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.