Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Bath air cleaner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Well actually only when I am cornering. Suggestions anyone?
I don't wan't to run the cleaner dry as it won't be much of a cleaner then. even just puting a small amount of oil in the thing it ends up on the tin and running down the head.

Maybe a RICER air cone thingy with a rain shield over the top half. yes I have a rain tray.
SirAndy
make sure the two halfs seal right. i had one for about 2 years, never leaked ...

finally replaced it with a unit that uses a paper element.
just seems like the better solution ...

wink.gif Andy
jporsche914
9Xauto.com makes this air cleaner kit. They say it fits 1.7 1.8 and 2.0L engines.
Joe Ricard
lol2.gif Ok so I had a case of the "dunderheads" at least I got over it before the weekend. alfred.gif slap.gif

I guess I put oil in the outside of the rim also. I dunno why. So after a few beers and some high level figuring I decide oil should only go on the inside section. sad.gif That and I read the shop manual which is like 1 line of some 1000 pages. finger.gif

On the brighter side I have found a new use for the high school parking lot boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Driving the wheels off my car. aktion035.gif Honestly officer I did not see any sign saying "no Porsche driving allowed" lol2.gif lol2.gif driving.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.