Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Java2570
Got a 74 2.0L with stock Djet.....

How much play or slack should be normal for my throttle cable? Mine doesn't seem abnormally loose or tight but I have a little problem with my revs dropping at idle when I feather the throttle; it acts like it wants to die. It is much more pronounced when the engine is "cold" or right after starting. I haven't checked the throttle body or much of anything yet.
I plan on going through the EFI components soon to test their function; they all were tested by the previous owner and were known to be good at that time; however, things do change without warning. Any ideas on where I should start as it could be a lot of different things......?
underthetire
Think your aar isn't working if it does it right after starting cold. The engine should be ~1500-1800 rpm on cold starts, dropping over the next 5 minutes or so to 950. Throttle cable should just be loose enough not to bind when closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.