Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Looking for electronics software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Anyone have info on or a copy of some software that I can use to draw electrical digrams/schematics? I could make it worth everybodys time buy making some useful schematics idea.gif
TimT
Autocad has an add in module for drawing schematics, Autocad is an expensivew program though
Dr Evil
I had been using the windows paint function. Talk about a PITA. I have drawn only the starter circuit for peoples questions, but they look like the equivellent of digital crayon drawings.
Dr Evil
Example:
Dave Bell
If you already have access to the basic Microsoft Office suite, Power point would be the cheapest way to go. Make up single copies of items you want to use as components and then just copy, reuse and connect for your circuit.

Visio, now Microsoft Visio, includes preformed objects for electronics as well as lots of other disciplines that require diagrams or layouts. Plus you can go online and get shapes that others have generated and use them. Also Visio allows very large document size and maintains object to object connections even if you drag the objects to a different location in your drawing.

- Dave
Part Pricer
I don't have a copy to give to you, but I would highly recommend Visio for what you are looking to do. It's quick, easy and contains all the symbols that you will need.
SirAndy
i can give you a copy of VISIO 2000 ...

has all the components for elec. diagrams in a library, stupid easy to make one,
wink.gif Andy
Mueller
here you go:

Circut Maker, student version, free

and here are some links to a few others:

Circut design software
Dr Evil
Andy,
Is it cracked, will it work for me? If so I'll take it!

Mueller,
Thanks man! I cant wait to check this out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 2 2004, 06:05 PM)
Is it cracked, will it work for me? If so I'll take it!

from my MSDN subscription. no crack needed. wink.gif

just don't tell anyone ...
Andy
WoMBaT
I would definitely go with the Visio...I run an electronics maintenance shop here, and have had to re-write several flow charts and schematics that the military just got plain wrong!

-WoMBaT

That reminds me. Rusty, do you still have my Visio CD?
Rusty
Yeah, somewhere in my desk. If you ever bring your ass to work, you can pick it up.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.