Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-lug wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
What are the best choices for a 4-lug wheel that can fill out flares? The only wheels that are wide enough are offroad bug wheels. Does anybody know of any companies that sell stylish 4-lug 7-9 inch wheels at a resonable price?
jgiroux67
and if not, would it be ok to just use 5-lug adapters instead of 911suspension and redrilled hubs?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 2 2004, 02:11 PM)
What are the best choices for a 4-lug wheel that can fill out flares? The only wheels that are wide enough are offroad bug wheels. Does anybody know of any companies that sell stylish 4-lug 7-9 inch wheels at a resonable price?

my car had a set of 7" centerline wheels that filled out the flares perfectly (without spacers!)

sold them to a bug-guy ...
Andy

IPB Image

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 2 2004, 02:15 PM)
and if not, would it be ok to just use 5-lug adapters instead of 911suspension and redrilled hubs?

4-5 adaptors? i haven't heard anything good about them ...

unsure.gif Andy
Korijo
bug-guy ...7"

wink.gif
Andyrew
Adapters are Baaad...

If you want to spend some money for some good rims, get the revolution rims. 17in and look darn good for 4 lug.. Dont have a link, Im sure someone will chip in.

You can get longer studs, then run a spacer to fill out the flares.

Andrew
Hope that helps.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 2 2004, 02:21 PM)
You can get longer studs, then run a spacer to fill out the flares.

actually, not just longer studs but studs, period ...

last time i checked 4-bolts didn't have studs!
wink.gif Andy
jgiroux67
Hey Korijo,
What company/size/price are those gold wheels and where could i get a set?

-Josh
Andyrew
Pick up a Hot VW or the like magazine. Check the black and white classifieds...

Lots of em have them cheep.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...8&hl=revolution

There's a thread about the 17in revolutions..

I think you'll like em. But there a bit $$
http://www.ttrsracing.com/revolution.htm

Official web..

Andrew
jgiroux67
How heavy would all steel wheels be? And would it be a good or bad idea to use them?
Korijo
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 2 2004, 05:16 PM)

What company/size/price are those gold wheels and where could i get a set?

got 'em off ebay biggrin.gif

15 x 7

200 or so...
fiid
IIRC - the revolution rims come in 7s and 8s and are dead sexy.

They are so good I might even order a 5 lug set :>)

Fiid.
lmcchesney
I read the post on the revolution 17" wheels and viewed the images. Does anyone know if the 914 with 17x40 can achieve adaquate front lowering? Alos, what is the offset/backset of the centerline rims?
L. McC
URY914
As far as those wheels on Andy's car, they don't look like true Centerlines. The real Centerlines are two or three piece and have seperate rim and center sections. Andy's look like cast aluminum. I know because I have a set of 8" wheels that look the same. I'm putting them on my car now but have to install GT flares to get them to fit. I'll post some pics of the flares in a seperate thread.

Paul
URY914
Here is a shot of my 8", wheel that is! biggrin.gif

Paul
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 4 2004, 03:48 AM)
As far as those wheels on Andy's car, they don't look like true Centerlines. The real Centerlines are two or three piece and have seperate rim and center sections. Andy's look like cast aluminum.

mine had centerline stamped on them in the back ...

yes, they looked like carved out of a block of aluminium,
wink.gif Andy
URY914
Andy, I stand corrected. Maybe mine are too.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.