Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2piece adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Anyone ever use these? They are hub centric and the two peices are machined to fit together.
Elliot Cannon
Never seen these before but I think most people would advise street use only if using adapters of any kind. IMO
GeorgeRud
They do nicely made. but I would think that they would cost more than simply having the hubs correctly redrilled for 5 lugs. Are you looking for adapters or spacers?

I'd also agree that only for street use. If you want to use period correct Fuchs, you will change the offset considerably with these adapters. If you're using later wheels from 964, 993, Boxsters, etc., then they might work OK.
sean_v8_914
many race sanctioning bodies will not allow adapters
Mike Bellis
They look well built but they also look scary! I would not use them or any other adapter. I will admit that I used spacers on my 911 that bolted to the hub and had studs to mount the wheel to. I never trusted them. Sold my 911 and bought my 914. smile.gif
a914dude
I have a set. They are well made. The have a 1 million dollar insurance policy from the mnufacturer. Not cheap.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_adapters.html
raw1298
They would be for street only.They are expensive but still cheaper than the cost of long studs, machining, spacers, and new rear bearings.
sixnotfour
they are concentric locating to each other , but the set in the picture is not hub centric to the hub or the wheel.
raw1298
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 7 2011, 09:40 AM) *

they are concentric locating to each other , but the set in the picture is not hub centric to the hub or the wheel.

That is correct for the ones in the picture. But the ones that you order are hub centric and wheel centric. You can also order them lug centric to the car and wheel centric as well. That would take care of the front and back of the car. The ones pictured are lug centic to the car with a chevy pattern to the wheel. They came with some parts I aquired over the years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.