J P Stein
Whoda thunk what would get TTOD?

http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/Aut ... s_2011.pdf

Humm, let's try this.

http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/Autocr...Finals_2011.pdf
drgchapman
No one even close to Leeds' time.

naro914
Dissapointing....there were only 5 914's at the Parade Autocross.
1 in P02 - Jason Sabatino won his class
1 in I03 - George Sells won (son Denver got second in same car)
1 in I04 - me, got second in class behind a race set up 911 (wife Nadine got second in I04Ladies)
2 in M04 - Leeds Gullick 1st, Jeff Gordon 3rd (Wendy Gullick won M04Ladies)

Not surprisingly and as noted, Leeds got TTOD with a 47.080....my best was a 50.650.

3 of us (Leeds, Jeff and me) had top 10 overall times out of over 200 drivers.

so...while there were not a lot of 914's running, 914's did well.
Randal

What - are you kidding me.

A 40 year old car took TTOD over all those hot new machines.

It can't be....
PeeGreen 914
Didn't he take TTOD last year as well? I wonder how many years he has done that in this car.
J P Stein
I believe that is 3 in a row for Leeds.,,,he metnioned that at the NT that he was trying for that. I asked if the PCA then retired the torphy to him with 3 ala the Schneider Cup. If you have to do a internet search for the Schneider Cup, you're not an old fart/aircraft nut. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Not being an old fart but a fan of aviation and racing I do know whatit is. They actually were talking about it during the Redbull air racing series.

So would that mean that next year the PNW will get to host parade? confused24.gif smile.gif
J P Stein
At the 2006 Portland Parade we had over 400 entrants for the AX of which 380 odd came & ran, IIRC. What a PITA that was. The PCA Parade could do worse than hold one in the Seattle area.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 8 2011, 09:39 AM) *

At the 2006 Portland Parade we had over 400 entrants for the AX of which 380 odd came & ran, IIRC. What a PITA that was. The PCA Parade could do worse than hold one in the Seattle area.

That is a lot but you could fit that many without issue at Bremerton so long as you had the entire complex. I wouldn't want to be involved in running something like that though blink.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Aug 8 2011, 09:45 AM) *

[
That is a lot but you could fit that many without issue at Bremerton so long as you had the entire complex. I wouldn't want to be involved in running something like that though blink.gif

Hell, everybody should do it ONCE. icon8.gif
It took a lot of room. The infield pits were full of cars (& Porcupines) both days.
Getting them parked/set up in run groups.....herding cats would be easier....a huge slathering Rottwilder would been a good addition to AX crew (write that down).
ConeDodger
There having it at the House of Shea next year. I wonder where they will autocrossing?
J P Stein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2011, 09:00 PM) *

There having it at the House of Shea next year. I wonder where they will autocrossing?

I won't feel bad about missing that one. Been to NYC once and that was one time too many.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 8 2011, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2011, 09:00 PM) *

I won't feel bad about missing that one. Been to NYC once and that was one time too many.

No JP. Eric Shea. Salt Lake City...
J P Stein
Well shit... Shea stadium in Brookland NY. NOT
Obviously you're way to subtle for me. blink.gif

SLC is close (in Utah terms) to Wendover. Wendover is cool.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 7 2011, 09:59 PM) *

What - are you kidding me.

A 40 year old car took TTOD over all those hot new machines.

It can't be....

Yeah not bad for a social outing! cheer.gif He's going to have tougher time with the big boys in Lincoln. Glad I could contribute to giving him some real competition this year that the wine and cheese crowd couldnt muster.
nolift914
Another 914world guy took his class at the parade in P03, "ME" smilie_pokal.gif lol although driving my other P-car a 944na with a time of 52.529 in stock 944, 25 overall. Maybe the 914 will be ready next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.