Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anacona Blue Metallic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Can anyone tell me which of the following 914s is the real Ancona Blue Metallic? Both photos claim to be the same color. The top one is a club members car, and I believe the bottom one is also. Could they be the same color, just in a different light? They just don't look the same.

914 Colors Site
vortrex
top one sure looks like marathon blue to me.
McMark
Lighting, environment, camera, computers will all make subtle changes to a color. Both of those cars could very well be Anacona Blue. Until someone pnies up the cash the have perfect examples of each color photographed in a studio there is no right answer.
anthony
Mark, update for your page. This car listed under silver is not silver:

http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/Metallic...ver_Large_1.jpg

I remember when that car was on ebay. It's painted a 911 anthracite.

The other silver car you have listed is my car.
McMark
Thanks, I'll remove it.
thomasotten
Robby:

I finally groke down and bought a pint of Anacona Blue L97B. I put it on the car with my finger, and it is definitley not the same color as my car. Attached is a photo showing it dabbed onto my car. It is strange that the photos of your car look so much like my car. I think the anacona paint must change color in the photographs, or reflections. It is a very striking color, very rich, with maybe even a hint of purple. I am still going to shoot an old door with it and clear coat it so that I can really see what it looks like.
anthony
Your car looks green in that pic. What's the color code on the door jamb?
thomasotten
It's a blue that has some aqua in it. It looks blue out in the daylight. It may be a special mix, but I am trying to find a Porsche color that is similar.
robby750
Geez, it does look green. The blue over the green does look purple. Digital pics on a monitor never look the same as in the flesh.
seanery
Robby's car is THE PERFECT metallic blue. wub.gif
IPB Image
thomasotten
Thanks, any other photos of Anacona Blue or any other trick blues would be cool. I am also considering this 911 color:
seanery
bluecar is Alaska blue, but it's so faded, I don't know how it's really supposed to look. I think I'm gonna paint it Anacona blue when it gets it's new skin.

I like the 911s color above, too.

67-69 Chevy camaro blue would be nice, too.
thomasotten
Another pic. Notice how it looks way different from the first photo. Anyone ever seen a 914 painted this color?
echocanyons
That is pretty similar to the alskan blue car I had before I got a respray

I think Alaskan blue had a bit more green in it
thomasotten
Ok, what color of blue is this...
IPB Image
scotty
Here ya go, Thomas... It's a shade that takes on some of the colors around it (silvers make it more "silvery," blacks give it a purple cast...it looks really good on snow wink.gif )

It is a very striking color, very rich, with maybe even a hint of purple.

If I repaint my current car, I may go with anacona...but olympic is growing on me smile.gif It's also a bit more visible to other drivers on the road.
Rusty
Anaconda blue is a beautiful color.

When I repainted the /6, I was looking for a rich metallic purple, but couldn't find one that I liked.

I ended up with Metallic Cobalt Blue, which has a lot of purple in it.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Brett W
Rusty you got any more pictures of that blue? I am looking for something with a little more purple in it than my Dodge Viper GTS blue. I want something a little darker.
Rusty
Actually, it's very close to the blue in your avatar, Brett. It's a late 90's 911/Boxster color.

PM me your email address and I'll fill your mailbox. I don't want to hijack this thread. pirate.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
thomasotten
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jul 26 2004, 08:36 PM)

PM me your email address and I'll fill your mailbox. I don't want to hijack this thread. pirate.gif

Feel free to hijack the thread. I want to see metallic blue Porsches! boldblue.gif

Maybe I will just paint it red to make it look "more Porsche". biggrin.gif

Here is a limited edition Beetle. "Satelite Blue", known as Malibu Blue in Germany. I am also thinking about the Mini-Cooper blue.
jfort
I think the blue 911 Targa above is Meridian Blue. I had a 73 911S that was that color, I believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.