Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
What is the difference between these two mufflers? can I use both on a 1.7, wich one is quiet?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Drums66
.....I think #1 is specific stock muff?(quieter) idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
r_towle
#1 looks to be a stock muffler for a bus that has the extension pipe to use it on a 914.
Its all that is available now.

#2 looks like a bursch variant. I cant tell what muffler is on there from that pic, there are two options...a quiet oval one, and a very loud cherry bomb.

the quietest of the bunch is #1 stock.

Rich
914itis
Here is a better pic. The wire is not part of it.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
bursch cherry bomb and its really loud....really really loud.

Rich
914itis
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 8 2011, 12:25 AM) *

bursch cherry bomb and its really loud....really really loud.

Rich

Thanks, What is it worth?
Dave_Darling
#1 is a stock 1.7 muffler.

#2 is an aftermarket muffler, either a modified Bursch or a Sebring. It just has a "cherry bomb" muffler on it, so it will be pretty loud. It might be for a 1.7 (and a 74 1.8) or it might be for a 73-74 2.0; tough to tell from just pictures.

#1 will be quieter, even if #2 fits.

--DD
914itis
Thanks all!
nsr-jamie
I had a 72 1.7 with the stock muffler and I am not 100 percent sure but I believe #1 photo is NOT a stock 1.7 muffler for a 914...not sure what that is...my muffler was a bit different from what I remember before upgrading to the Bursch muffler...but that again it was many years ago...hard to remember. #2 looks like Bursch to me.
reharvey
I have # 2 on my 73 2.0 and it is really loud. Lot's of fun if you want to make some noise! Ray evilgrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.