Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There's a hole in my floor . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
I rebuilt a spare pedal cluster and was in the process of replacing the old one and the clutch cable. I scraped off some seam sealer so I could Por15 some minor rust and found a hole. Actually it's like a flap of metal but I can see light on the other side. It's the semi-circle right below the rubber grommet for the MC. What's it for? Drain brake fluid if the MC pukes? Should I seal it or just leave it open?

I was relieved that this area wasn't too rusted, luckily just easily fixable surface rust.

IPB Image
SirAndy
your floorpans have several of those. it's one of those things.
some say it was for the "robots" on the assembly line to hold the pieces.
who knows?

there are more right in front of the seats, i think at least 2 on each side.
i just sprayed metal ready on there, then seam sealer, then por15 over it.

wink.gif Andy
Andyrew
I thought it was for if the cab ever got rained it, the water would find its way out those holes..

Although mine are unplugged...

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 3 2004, 07:23 PM)
I thought it was for if the cab ever got rained it, the water would find its way out those holes..

nope. how could it? they're sealed with seam-sealer. wink.gif
Marlow
some say it was for the "robots" on the assembly line to hold the pieces.

That makes some sense. On the other side of the car is what appears to be a smaller version of the front tow hook. Maybe they used it to pull the tub down the assembly line.

My first thought was just like Andrew's; some sort of drain. It didn't look like factory seam sealer, I figured the PO may have sealed it up to hide rust.

Guess I'll seal it back up!
Andyrew
Oh I thought we where taking about little holes.. I have one or two in my pass side. I know what they are, im a dumby.. There for where my AC drip system was susposed to drip the exess water build up in the condenser..

Sorry bout dat..

I think one of my moms hair genes poped out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.