Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Electical Problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RCTN914
Fixing up a 1973 914. When you turn the lights on everything on the driver side works, but on the pasenger side only the headlight on high beam works and the brake light when applied. None of the signal lights, parking lights, reverse lights work. Where do I start? Greatly appreciate any guidance
Mike Bellis
Start at the fuse panel. look for corrosion. Spin the fuse in the holder to make better contact.
RCTN914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 7 2011, 06:46 PM) *

Start at the fuse panel. look for corrosion. Spin the fuse in the holder to make better contact.

Thank you. I have replaced all fuses with new, but have not checked contacts for corrosion. I will rotate and see what happens. will be in touch
904svo
You for got to say if it's the front or rear lights that don't work. I either case check your ground connection ( brown wires) there is two for the front (left and right side). If it's the rear the brown wire multiple may be open.
Dave_Darling
Or a single ground point that has multiple wires going to it might be bad...

--DD
dlestep
...or tell the fat girl to get out of the passenger seat, she's shortin' out the
seatbelt buzzer harness...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.