Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Need turnkey running 1.8 or 2.0 motor for daily driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bandjoey
Near Texas - DFW preferred -
WTB a running 1.8 or 2.0 motor for a daily driver. I don't have the time to rebuild my blown motor or the money to do it right, probably until winter. So......Looking for complete running motor. As an example: Shoe said he bought a running motor with 130 compression for $1100 complete. That's kinda what I'm looking for. It can be cheeeeper of course - just be fair to a CSOB - read poor - 914 owner. Then I can drive until I can rebuild my old motor the right way.

Can pick up if within a days round trip of DFW, or need shipping help.

Thanks Bandjoey
bandjoye@sbcglobal.net
817 905-7937
Bill
rnellums
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 7 2011, 07:26 PM) *

Near Texas - DFW preferred -
WTB a running 1.8 or 2.0 motor for a daily driver. I don't have the time to rebuild my blown motor or the money to do it right, probably until winter. So......Looking for complete running motor. As an example: Shoe said he bought a running motor with 130 compression for $1100 complete. That's kinda what I'm looking for. It can be cheeeeper of course - just be fair to a CSOB - read poor - 914 owner. Then I can drive until I can rebuild my old motor the right way.

Can pick up if within a days round trip of DFW, or need shipping help.

Thanks Bandjoey
bandjoye@sbcglobal.net
817 905-7937
Bill

I've got a crazy Idea, but I don't know if you will be interested. I've got a Carb'd 2.0L motor that is in good running condition. About 500 miles ago the impeller hub sheared it's bolt and marred the crank. I smoothed down the end of the crank, put in a new woodruff key and hub, and the epoxied the whole thing together. It was still running strong when my 914 got totaled. I don't have time right now to split the case and put in a new crank.

Here is my idea, it is crazy and please don't hesitate to turn it down if it won't suit your needs:
  • You pay for shipping from lafayette, IN to your place and use it while you are rebuilding your other engine.
  • When you have finished rebuilding, swap the engine and let me know
  • then I'll buy a new crank and have it shipped to you and you could split the case and swap it out before shipping it back to me.

Part of me is saying this is an awful idea, but the other part says that I have a running 2.0L engine that I can't use, and you need an engine so you can get to the MUSR.

It has high quality, rebuild heads and newish pistons(5000 miles or so).
last time I checked, compression was in the 120's, and the flywheel has been recently turned.
hot_shoe914
If Bill isn't interested I might be. No way I will step on Bill's toes though so I will wait til you guys have talked.

Shoe
rnellums
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:46 PM) *

If Bill isn't interested I might be. No way I will step on Bill's toes though so I will wait til you guys have talked.

Shoe

Sounds good, shipping to you might make it more feasible.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 11 2011, 09:50 PM) *

Shoe

Any chance you want to sell it? confused24.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 11 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Shoe

Yeah, I am torn over that. Its a good engine, but the problem with the crank makes it much less valuable to someone else. The headwork alone ran me 1000 or so 6 years ago.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 11 2011, 10:15 PM) *

Shoe

Yeah, I am torn over that. Its a good engine, but the problem with the crank makes it much less valuable to someone else. The headwork alone ran me 1000 or so 6 years ago.

I really only need the heads. LOL
rnellums
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 11 2011, 08:15 PM) *

Shoe

well it never hurts to have an offer out there. PM me if you want.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 11 2011, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 11 2011, 08:15 PM) *

Shoe

well it never hurts to have an offer out there. PM me if you want.

Bill is a very very good friend. I will wait til he says he passes.
rnellums
I agree that he should have first dibbs smile.gif
bandjoey
Thanks to both. Sending PM on motor
bandjoey
Shoe this might get Christine to Musr. Go for it. Bill
Jeffs9146
Pelican Parts turn key motor
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 12 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Shoe this might get Christine to Musr. Go for it. Bill

I will find a way to get Christine to MUSR. I really only have to come up with one good head to bolt on. You take this and stick it in your car and get your ass to MUSR. poke.gif
bandjoey
Thanks Shoe for the kick in the butt.

R Nellums- I am seriously interested in this most generous offer...but it would probably be 6 months before you would see the motor again...

Can you arrange the shipping outbound? I can credit card all the payments to the freight company and spiff you for getting it picked up. Email or call my cell and let's see if this works. Greatest Thanks. Bill
bandjoey@sbcglobal.net
817 905-7937
bandjoey
For Now it looks like the deal is handled. So any other motors out there need to go to someother worthy teener. Thanks Very Much to All! Bill biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
jcb29
Bill - looks like you found one. When does it arrive? Need any help, give me a call.
bandjoey
Thanks to RNellums for the great loan of a motor and to all who offered other motors at a great price. This is World - a World of great people. smilie_pokal.gif

Let U know John when it's here.
rnellums
I picked up the pallet yesterday, now I just need straps and seran wrap. Who should I take it to when I go to ship?

-Ross
505-385-8465
bandjoey
Will call u on that. Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.