Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: watsonrx case is split
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Actually everything is in boxes. dirty nasty and greasy is the game of the day.

Strarted soaking case halves tonight for scrubbing in the morning.

Never had cylinders so stuck to the heads that I had to pull heads with both cylinders as one piece.

had to knock them off with a wooden block and hammer. who ever put this motor together must have had stock in blue RTV. TOO BAD IT DIDN'T DO A DAMN BIT OF GOOD. Engine leaked from everywhere!!!

Rob should be posting more pics from his fancy camera. here is one from my cheap one
Joe Ricard
Gosh I really hate scrubbing engine cases and heads and all that other crap that attaches to them.

I think me and the boy are going to go for a Teener ride.

Hotter than snot and twice as humid. Maybe resume again for awhile before the fireworks.

Changed oil in mine and put the tuna can in. monkeydance.gif Only cause it came with the car in a box.
Joe Ricard
BUMP. and what is the best way to get all that adhesive of the case. Brown hard crap that just laughs at engine degreaser. Tried brake cleaner and seemed to soften it but not such a great idea without good ventilation. Two heads and one half of the caes "de-grunged".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.