Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Wife tried to Kill me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Yesterday I decided to add a gage so I pulled Blackie in the garage. I jacked it up enough to get a jackstand under the motor mount crossbar on the pass side. This would allow enough room for me to slide beneath. After placing the jackstand I removed the floor jack but thought better of it. I actually had a feeling we might have an earthquake that day. lol-2.gif So I move it back to a point a few inches in front of the rear jack point and maybe an inch lower. In other words, not in contact with the car. I figured the car wouldn't drop far if we had an earth quake smoke.gif. Besides it would be easier to move out of the way. I had just drilled and installed a grommet and found myself needing some red zip ties so I slid out and was getting these when my wife pulls up (and in her defense) in our new SUV. She attempted to put the car in Park and began looking down for something while listening to an audio book. To my horror, I watch as she rolls into and pushes Blackie a few feet forward. As Blackie rolls forward, yes I'm screaming at the top of my f****ng lungs (TG I wasn't armed happy11.gif ) the jack stand tips over and the car falls. This is where it came to rest. A few more inches and there would have been a rolling tool box, two transaxles and one drill press in our kitchen.

Click to view attachment

This is looking inside after she drove off cause I'm an asshole. Oh yes, I was in serious shit for screaming and had to promise that I would not post any of this but that was yesterday type.gif. See the fence that is flattened out. That's so the dogs can work in the garage with me. I guess my hollering spooked them cause when that fence went down they ran off down the damned street. wacko.gif

Click to view attachment

Anyway, this shot shows the fallen jackstand. As it turns out, as the car came off the stand it moved forward a few inches and landed on the rubber pad dead on the rear jack point then continued to roll forward on the floor jacks wheels. I shit you not! There is a very small dent in my rear spoiler where the SUV's lic plate frame hit it. Remember it was jacked up higher than it would normally sit. Otherwise, smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
im surprised you've lasted this long, what with the 3 cars and the 2 car garage biggrin.gif the black car cleaned up nice!!
sixnotfour
nothing new here , wives ae always trying,
wertygrog
Scary stuff!!!! Don't let your guard down..ever!
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif I always love how we get in trouble after they do something dumb blink.gif

VaccaRabite
My wife gets upset when I complain about women drivers.

Its so difficult not to point out her accident record when she is going on about how stereotypes should be avoided.

Zach
iamchappy
My wife has taken out the garage door three times, she never looks to see whats behind her when she backs out, just sticks it in reverse and leaves like shes leaving the Bat Cave.

She took out my sons friends car one time because he parked in the driveway and she backed straight into it.

She wants to know when i am going to fix her car, i bought a front and rear bumper for it, but i will not fix it until i am ready to sell it.

I know she will run over one of the dogs someday, this is my biggest fear.
76-914
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:09 PM) *

blink.gif I always love how we get in trouble after they do something dumb blink.gif

EXACTLY!
underthetire
I have to admit my girlfriend is a pretty good driver. She has a mustang GT, and likes to use it. I'm the one that curbed her wheel, I still don't hear the end of that one. chair.gif

Your lucky BTW.
kerensky
My lovely wife dented my rear deck. While it was in storage. By *walking* on it. Honestly, as much as I love my 'teener, I didn't need to pile it on. She felt bad enough.

Apologize for losing your cool, make sure and add in a 'Thank Heavens I wasn't underneath the car', and find some sort of crash bar to protect the garage while you're working. wink.gif
Bleyseng
I always have the floor jack set so act as a back up to the jackstands.
GeorgeRud
agree.gif A good friend and Porsche mechanic would always give the car a good shake after putting it up on jackstands just to be sure it's seated correctly. We always leave the floor jack under the car as well for exactly this case.

Thank God you weren't hurt!
SirAndy
blink.gif

wingnut86
Another, "Hell No, I Have NO Comment" in case she reads my thread.

Or the, "...Can't Live With'em, Can't Bury'em in a Shallow Backyard Grave..." thread

ar15.gif

rolleyes.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 8 2011, 10:06 AM) *

I always have the floor jack set so act as a back up to the jackstands.

....I put it in reverse happy11.gif (order)
bye1.gif
RFoulds
Life (and marriage) is a lot easier when you can laugh shit off. No blood no foul.
PanelBilly
My gf rubbed the curb with the wheels on my SL500. Not parking, but GOING around a corner!! Told her she would never be allowed to drive my 914
patssle
My wife never messes up my car, tries to kill me, tells me how much money I can spend on the car, when I can work on the car, doesn't complain when I leave parts on the kitchen table....

I don't have a wife.
TargaToy
My wife leant her van to her sister. We were in the living room when she came back and we felt the house shake and heard a horrific sound. I made a joke that she had probably just driven into the front wall like the last time (true story). This time, she took out the center pillar between the doors. Moved that little piece of brick foundation 1.5". That center pillar holds up the steel beam that supports the 2nd floor.

PS. They should call the homeowners policy a FINE or a TAX, but definitely not INSURANCE. What a joke. We came out of pocket on that one to avoid a 3 year surcharge and it would have been our first claim in 18 years of being homeowners.
narino
just sticks it in reverse and leaves like shes leaving the Bat Cave.

I laughed so hard a this. A perfect description of how my girlfriend uses reverse.
BMXerror
Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but this thread is just pissing me off... It's like a microcosm of stories describing why to hate humankind... I'm gonna have to go with bad mood here. Glad you're alright, man. Have a beer3.gif
Mark D.
euro911
Living in CA, one never knows when an earthquake could hit.

I hate jacking cars onto stands, although at times it's required. I prefer a lift to feel a bit more comfortable under a car, however, when absolutely needed, I'll jack the car onto stands, shake it several times over the course of a day or two ... then I'll climb underneath it.

If using stands on either the front or the rear only, I chock the wheels on the ground and leave a pumped-up jack under the lifted end, just in case shades.gif

Glad to hear you weren't injured. A few seconds, either way, can change your life - big time idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.