Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what does this screw adjuster do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
I mentioned a "Hiss" in my belt thread. i discovered that the hiss comes from the throttle. i saw that there is a screw with a spring right on the side of the throttle. I loosen it, hiss got louder, so i tighten it.. voila! hissing stopped, and car idles much better. I dont now what this screw adjuster do, i imagine it regulates how much air gets through when the throttle when the car is idling, is this correct? or is it somekind of air/fuel mixtur adjuster?
Andyrew
Its a idle screw. Yes.. its for setting the idle. Also the knob on the side of the computer is for setting the idle mixture.

You had it. You just wanted a second oppinion biggrin.gif

Andrew
Bleyseng
Its the idle air bypass screw and when you turn it in all the way the engine should nearly die from low idle rpm's. If not there is other air leaking in setting the air/fuel mix for you.

Geoff
silver2.0
I had the same thing happen to me. Now my car idles at about 900 rpm, instead of 1200. That strange hissing took me a few minutes to find!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.