Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Return on My /6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I installed a set of stainless lines from the tank for my /4 but decided to go with a /6 conversion with webers. How do you run the return back to the tank or should I at all? Is it as simple as plumbing to the first carb, then to the second and adding a different banjo fitting on the second carb then back down to the return line? Is one of these methods or another prefered?

Kev

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Mr Gasket (Mallory) made a fuel pressure regulator with return and multiple outlets (it's still in my desk somewhere).

Fuel pump .... regulator ... line to each carb (no return from carbs) ..... return from regulator to tank.

If I find it I will post an image.
J P Stein
I dead ended mine at the carbs. No apparent ill effects. Just make sure your line pressure NEVER goes over 4.5 PSI and your float seats are good.
I don't trust fuel pressure regulators.
kconway
I should have added I'm using a CB Performance rotary pump rated at 3 1/2 lbs.
SLITS
QUOTE(kconway @ Aug 8 2011, 06:43 AM) *

I should have added I'm using a CB Performance rotary pump rated at 3 1/2 lbs.

No need for a return though the concept of fresh, cool fuel to the carbs is nice.
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
dion9146
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 8 2011, 09:35 AM) *

I dead ended mine at the carbs. No apparent ill effects. Just make sure your line pressure NEVER goes over 4.5 PSI and your float seats are good.
I don't trust fuel pressure regulators.

ditto until mine became a 3.2 conversion.

Don't remove the old return line. You might need it eventually. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.