Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i need a new wheel. stock wheel is boring, like the prototipo but way too much $$$$
want a classic wheel, but something cheaper too like a used 911 P O R S C H E sc wheel
show me what yours is please.

thanks
skline
No, it aint ready yet.
Sandee
... I like the original steering wheel the best! I'm SO happy this one had the little sticker still on it!!

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
72914S
Here is what is on my car now but as soon as the adaptor arrives I`m replacing it with a small (13") Dino.
Aaron Cox
i like it! is it leather wrapped?

lemme know if its for sale...my stock wheel is all beat up.
Eric_Shea
I like the GT look... it's your stock wheel with an early 911 horn button. echocanyons has the info and some pics to post. Here's mine (tubs kinda a mess in this picture). It's a Momo Mod 7 I think. Includes the Porsche Crest horn button. Still has the leather hang tag on it. The 914-6 has the original wheel of course...
Aaron Cox
thats a cool wheel too. like a prototipo but with more dish..and a yellow stripe. kinda $$$ for me i guess.
Eric_Shea
I think it's the wheel the factory uses in some of their new race cars. Brad had a picture he posted in a different thread. Search "Momo Mod 7". Look into the GT wheel... you could probably find a 911 horn button out there if you scour eBay or ask echocanyons really nice biggrin.gif

That might be a cheaper option.

(got the goods BTW... Thanks! Arms are stripped and at the blasters. No turning back now!) w00t.gif
RAR
The 911SC was sufficiently uncomfortable to me that I replaced it with a MOMO (don't want to sell the SC wheel for OEM reasons). Take a look at some aftermarket wheels and grip them if possible. It's also important to consider instrument panel obstruction. The MOMO wheel I bought for the 911, necessitated rotating the speedo a little, which was no big deal, but you should know. The 930 wheel might be nice, though I don't know about the comfort factor.
machina
just get it.
anthony
here's mine
Aaron Cox
that is very nice. where do you find those horn button/centers?
anthony
Early 911.
iamchappy
my Raid Mark Donahue signature edition wheel.
Eric_Shea
Aaron,

Anthony's is the GT wheel I was talking about. One of my favs.
anthony
A real GT wheel has a smaller diameter, right?
dan10101
IPB Image

Heres' mine.. Old pic..

I think theres a couple of threads about steering wheels..

Andrew
pat4
and mine now ...
RON S.
Mines an old Grant gt wheel,w/a 914/6 adaptor.

Ron
seanery
I have several to choose from:
930 Steering Wheel
IPB Image

Red 911 Wheel, I saved this from my first 914 in 1989.
IPB Image

This is what is in the car now:
IPB Image

There is a thread HERE about Steering Wheel choices
PorscheTom
Sean, where the heck did you find that wood wheel with the original center?? ohmy.gif That is too cool!
seanery
I got that wheel from Justin Fischer. It needed to be refinished. I also replaced the horn center, the one on it now is much nicer than the one in the pic. I feel comfortable saying that wheel, for $60, was a great buy. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
old style momo, needs new leather, other than that, i love it!

much nicer than the newer ones ...
wub.gif Andy

IPB Image
Mike D.
Here's mine. It's a Momo, perforated leather on top and suade on bottom. The wife got it for me as B-day present while we were dating. Can't remember what model it is but I like it.
And look at the tach, IT'S RUNNING!!! biggrin.gif

-Mike D.
Curvie Roadlover
Here is another thread on the topic.
Martin Baker
///////////////
Aaron Cox
exactly what id love to have wub.gif
Martin Baker
It has a very "Classic' Look to it, and it has a comfortable feel in your hand. No frills, just nice!
Joe Ricard
MOMO Street Fighter came out f the 928 before I sold it off.
Trekkor
Old Momo wheel from my parts car
campbellcj
Here is an oooooooooold pic of the Nardi/Personal Fittipaldi in my car. I also have a silver Momo Prototipo in the garage but am going to save it for a potential future 914/6 or early 911. Functionally I much prefer the Personal vs. various others I've tried.
VegasRacer
This Momo wheel is for sale right now on French eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...bayphotohosting
campbellcj
Forgot to mention I recently installed the Tekniq quick-remove hub...nice part! I never had a lot of entry/exit difficulty with my car, but it is SOOOO much easier to work on the interior of a caged car (think pedal cluster or shifter areas) when you can instantly pop the wheel off!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.