Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot start relay diagram needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I searched all the threads for the diagram and I found a lot of diagrams, but they were all for a kit I do not have. I also checked pelican and they sell the same kit.

My relay looks like this. Anybody have a diagram for this thing rolleyes.gif
Tom
Don't have a diagran, but I can tell you how to hook it up. Looks like a ford relay.
It has three terminals which we will name A= small one, B and C are the larger ones. You will need to mount the relay on a grounded surface. Most guys just mount it to the starter bolt. Good idea to remove the negative batt cable while doing this.
You need to remove the yellow wire from the starter solenoid and put a lug on it that will fit the A terminal on the relay. Then make up two 10 ga. wires with lugs and terminal spade to fit as follows. One with a large lug to fit under the starter solenoid terminal where the battery cable is. This ones goes from the battery cable terminal to B of the relay. Run the other with a lug to fit C on one end and a spade lug on the other end to where the yellow wire came from on the starter solenoid. Put the battery cable back on and you are ready to start.
Tom
jim_hoyland
See. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=relay++start

Diagram shown
76-914
Here is another thread on the subject that I bookmarked. Scroll down a ways and you'll find a diagram that poke.gif Mark Henry drew on a napkin or a 2x4. lol-2.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 8 2011, 09:39 PM) *

Here is another thread on the subject that I bookmarked. Scroll down a ways and you'll find a diagram that poke.gif Mark Henry drew on a napkin or a 2x4. lol-2.gif

link?
huh.gif
76-914
Oops, sorry 'bout that. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=37683&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.