Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '74 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
thf944
914 is now SOLD pending pickup/money transfer

Note: A/C is sold. Also see note below and new price.

I hate to do this, but I just don't have the time or space to keep it right now. Its pretty much rust free, has a few small areas with some light surface rust. It seems to have been a Colorado car all its life. Was originally Delphi Green Metallic, but was repainted yellow at some point. Starts every time and pulls very well for a 1.8 (was originally a 2.0). Currently has studded snow tires on it and it needs shocks.

1974 Porsche 914
1.8 liter w/ carbs
5 speed manual
$2800
New Price: $2630

extra parts not installed:

Dealer installed A/C (914's didn't come from factory with A/C)
foglights and grilles
front end bra with Porsche script
extra engine lid grille with gold Porsche letters Replaced
914 rear emblem
various gaskets for engine
new clutch and throttle cables

914 pics

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2536203950.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Note front nose section has been replaced. I assume it was due to front end damage. You can see the red from the donor car. I scraped the paint off the shock towers and they were the original Delphi Green underneath. The section that was replaced was from the spare tire area forward. It all seems to line up fine and the car drives fine. I don't have any issues with the doors or roof lining up.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
thf944
A/C parts

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fogs

IPB Image

grille and emblem

IPB Image
cantgo2fast
OMG im all over this PM sent please reply
thf944
QUOTE(cantgo2fast @ Aug 8 2011, 11:50 PM) *

OMG im all over this PM sent please reply

Replied. You should just come look at it. I'm pretty close to you.
BajaXJ92
Interested in the foglights and grills, if you're willing to sell those seperately...
thf944
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Interested in the foglights and grills, if you're willing to sell those seperately...

I'll keep that in mind. I'd like to keep it together for now. The A/C system might be up for grabs as well if I decide to sell the parts separately.
thf944
I added the new clutch and throttle cables to the original post. I bought these and put them in the trunk for spares just in case.
ewdysar
PM sent. I'm interested in the whole car, but if it is sold, then I'm interested in the AC gear. Let me know what's up.
thf944
I might consider a 924 as a trade.

Some recent pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 9 2011, 07:02 AM) *

Still interested! beerchug.gif
914.SBC
Usually I read these ads and never say anything, but you are offering a pretty good deal. Teener looks clean and reasonalby priced. bye1.gif
thf944
first.gif

Well I got Second Place Other Euro at a VW Audi show today. Does that mean I can raise the price? There were some GT3's there, they must not have entered because my car is no show car. The voting was done by the show goers. I'm thinking mine was just unique enough to get their attention.

IPB Image
thf944
More pics:

New clutch and throttle cables. Not installed.
IPB Image

Bra.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Gaskets.
IPB Image

A/C stuff.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Shortened center console to fit A/C.
IPB Image

IPB Image

914 pics
thf944
Replaced the grille. Now it says "PORSCHE" smile.gif instead of "P RSCHE". dry.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
NorCal Lance
That looks like it was originally Ravenna Green, paint code L65K. Pretty sure that is not Delphi Green Metallic. Ravenna is a great color on these cars. Hope the new owner considers a respray back to original at some point. GLWS
thf944
QUOTE(NorCal Lance @ Sep 9 2011, 08:43 AM) *

That looks like it was originally Ravenna Green, paint code L65K. Pretty sure that is not Delphi Green Metallic. Ravenna is a great color on these cars. Hope the new owner considers a respray back to original at some point. GLWS

It was Delphi Green Metallic. On the tag in the door jam it is stamped: L99A. I do like Ravenna Green better than Delphi. From what I have seen from under the carpet and in the trunk/engine compartment, the Delphi Green looks pretty cool as well. It reminds me a of a 70's Hotwheels color. If I keep the car, I'm only considering two colors - the original Delphi Green or Tangerine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.