Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't find my oil leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
OK the car ran fine, noticed the smell of oil, pulled over and I can hear the oil dripping on HH with a lot of smoke coming up thru the engine compartment. I have AAA so I dicided to have the car towed back to my house instead of tempting faith. Oil leaking from both sides, the tow driver pissed at the two puddles of oil on his flatbed. Jack rear up and crawl under, have oil all over the HH but can't find leak. put in some more oil and nothing, to get a better look I want to remove the HH, if I need to put a little pressure in the system is it save to start for a couple of minutes with the HH off.
ArtechnikA
what's a HH ?

#1 possibility - leaking valve cover gaskets.
ensure that your covers are not warped, then get a pair of NEW gaskets.
do a search on the best techniques for installing them. some people glue them to the covers with something like 3M weatherstrip cement, others say it's not necessary ...

check your head breather vents, if you have them - the gaskets can get sucked into the VC area if you have vents but they're plugged or something ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.